• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

what topics would i study for the first few weeks in pre-lim bio next year? (1 Viewer)

Riot09

HSC
iv'e studied everything in the year 10 science course do to with biology and it says the blueprint of life in the homepage didnt we already do that this year and is it the same thing but in more detail such as rna and meosis?.

HSC
blueprint of life is the HSC course. not prelim lol.
its all about like DNA, genetics, recombinant DNA technology, bits of evolution.
very interesting :)
some of it you would have touched on in year 10 but not anywhere near the detail you do in HSC :)

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
a lot in blueprint and genetics will be cause of new discovers and such. Additional stuff to Search for better health and some to the human story and maintaining a balance remainaing the same.

But it might not cause of the national syllabus coming out in 2011

HSC
ohhh id love to see what they are adding to "the search for better health" love that topic!

saberbladexx

HSC
First yr 11 topic is VERY EASY. Basically just

• abiotic/biotic factors.
  • Distribution/abundance
  • Relationships between organisms(Symbiosis, Allelopathy, Paratisim)

• Food chains/ Bio mass pyramid, classification of organisms in terms of carnivore etc.

Riot09

HSC
alright that was really helpful.that animation was a real shocker,i was just coming to check my thread and out of nowhere i saw robin pattison and then the caption and i laughed my head off. have you seen other skits by andy samberg like "like a boss" or #### in a box?.there proberly considered classics.My favourite snl skit is when bill hader acts like that italian guy and impersonates whatever guest he was on its hilarious.also the 2 gay guys from new jersey is also a crack up.

HSC
First yr 11 topic is VERY EASY. Basically just

• abiotic/biotic factors.
  • Distribution/abundance
  • Relationships between organisms(Symbiosis, Allelopathy, Paratisim)
  • Food chains/ Bio mass pyramid, classification of organisms in terms of carnivore etc.
when i was in year 11 our teacher actually started with patterns in nature not the local ecosystem one. i dont think you have to do the topics in order...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)