what type of bank account should I get? (1 Viewer)

Dr. Oyster

HSC
I'm 16, and about to open a bank account cause I'm about to get a job and have no idea where.

Which bank is the best?

I'm looking for one with no monthly fee and free unlimited ATM withdrawals/deposits.

Any help would be much appreciated.

aimhigh10

HSC
bank west has pretty good accounts + interest free deals

aimhigh10

HSC
superelizabeth said:
ANZ progress account.

no, dont get that
i have an ANZ progress saver account
and if you make a single withdrawal, you dont get any interest, like $0.02
and you have to put in more than $10 or you dont get interest either
but if you put in more than $10 and dont make any withdrawals, then you get around $15 interest, depends on how much money you have in it

im thinking of changing to bank west, because their deals are so much better

aussie-boy

HSC
You need to open 2 accounts:
*An everyday savings account with keycard access for spending and for your employer to deposit into. I recommend the Commonwealth Bank Youthsaver (since there are ATMs everywhere so you will never be charged fees for withdrawals. There are 0 fees at all while you're a student, but you won't earn any interest on accounts like this.
*A high interest internet savings account such as ING Savings Maximiser with an interest rate of 6%+pa - again, no fees, and you can easily transfer money between it and your other account over the internet within 1 day

Darnie

mad cunt
HSC
i had an ANZ progress saver then i changed to a student debit account or something, no fees, unlimited ATM withdrawls, 5% p.a. first 3 yrs, 3% p.a. after that. works well for me :)

lala2

Banned
HSC
I got an NAB student account with NAB iSaver. As you're a student, you won't get any transaction fees regardless of which bank you're at so that's not a problem. The main thing is getting yourself an online high interest savings account, i.e. one you can link to your main transaction account (i.e. the student account where you can w/draw from ATMs, EFTPOS, write cheques on it, etc). Those are usually free as well, but it depends how often you want to transfer money between those accounts and whether they allow direct credit (i.e. direct deposit of salary into it).

Because my money wasn't used for substantial living expenses (as I'm living at home), I chose the iSaver because at that time, it had the highest interest rate I knew of and it allowed direct salary deposit so I didn't have to waste time transferring money between accounts (the transfer was immediate).

xJennax

HSC
I just changed from a student Commonwealth account to two ANZ accounts. I got the 'ANZ Access Advantage' account. I also got a Progess Saver and you only need $10 to start that. You get more interest if you deposit but don't withdraw. I got internet banking and had them both linked up so I can just transfer money into the Savings account, you can choose to desposit any amounts or set up automatic transfers.

Scissors

HSC
Miles Edgeworth said:
Citibank is the best ever. No charges on any withdrawls from any atms and super awesome winrar maximo powars.

Also if you put your wages into the account they don't charge you.
arab bank is better.

Scissors

HSC
Miles Edgeworth said:
Arab bank is shit compared to Citibank.
but as far as honesty goes with banks, arab bank is pretty high up there.

tania O

HSC
Dr. Oyster said:
I'm 16, and about to open a bank account cause I'm about to get a job and have no idea where.

Which bank is the best?

I'm looking for one with no monthly fee and free unlimited ATM withdrawals/deposits.

Any help would be much appreciated.

GO WITH ST.GEORGE ITS THE BEST ITS A YOUTH FREEDOM ACCOUNT =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)