What type of licence do you have? (1 Viewer)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
What do you mean you renewed your L's? You have to renew them?
Yeah because my old L licence expired

Unlike other 16 year olds who couldn't wait to drive, I had better things to do so I postponed it and delayed it - but I got the licence anyway for ID purposes

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Unlike other 16 year olds who couldn't wait to drive, I had better things to do so I postponed it and delayed it - but I got the licence anyway for ID purposes
Pretty sure this is just a euphemism for lack of interest in driving from you haha.

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
Yeah because my old L licence expired

wait.... the learners license is valid for 5 years... If i'm not mistaken...
you didn't get 120 hours in 5 years?

you must live near public transport to be able cope in sydney without a car! in my area thats near impossible :/

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Pretty sure this is just a euphemism for lack of interest in driving from you haha.
I didn't really need to drive...

Although there were a steady stream of boyfriends picking up their girlfriends at school in their fully sik cars - clearly they were the ones who rushed through their 120

wait.... the learners license is valid for 5 years... If i'm not mistaken...
you didn't get 120 hours in 5 years?

you must live near public transport to be able cope in sydney without a car! in my area thats near impossible :/
Nah, I didn't drive until my... fourth year? And then only sporadically

I just have family members to drive me and public transport to catch. So no real need to drive, plus too poor for a car right now anyway

Drsoccerball

HSC
Im on my L's couldve had my P's in a few days </3 Got em 6 months late

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
so i got my Ls and got 3 hours already yay

sorta have a story from the test though haha

i went there with a freind and we did it all good and easy and passed with 100%, got the photo signed all the sheets, did everything, until the last moment when the RTA person asked for $24. I had no idea i had to pay EVEN more for this. Neither did my friend who passed as well!
We werent allowed to leave the building to get money, otherwise we would forfeit our new licences. So i sat and called my mum, talking in russian (my mother tongue) trying to figure out a way to get the money. We finally agreed that i would ask my friend who lives in the city to borrow money and if not she would come drive by. I counted what i had and i had 22.50, 1.50 short! On some strange coincedence, the woman that i was sitting next to overheard my conversation and congratulated me in russian for passing the test. She said that she had tried doing the test 3 times already and failed everytime, and gave me 2 dollars. I was so lucky and so grateful. hopefully she passed that day!
And about my friend, who had also didnt bring enough - only 15 dollars, we called my city friend who came around with 10 bucks after a while, had a nice chat, a good laugh and payed her back the next day.

I will make sure to check fees for licences a bit more carefully next time!

tl;dr i didnt have enough money to pay for my licence, but lucky things happened and its all good now

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
so i got my Ls and got 3 hours already yay

sorta have a story from the test though haha

i went there with a freind and we did it all good and easy and passed with 100%, got the photo signed all the sheets, did everything, until the last moment when the RTA person asked for $24. I had no idea i had to pay EVEN more for this. Neither did my friend who passed as well!
We werent allowed to leave the building to get money, otherwise we would forfeit our new licences. So i sat and called my mum, talking in russian (my mother tongue) trying to figure out a way to get the money. We finally agreed that i would ask my friend who lives in the city to borrow money and if not she would come drive by. I counted what i had and i had 22.50, 1.50 short! On some strange coincedence, the woman that i was sitting next to overheard my conversation and congratulated me in russian for passing the test. She said that she had tried doing the test 3 times already and failed everytime, and gave me 2 dollars. I was so lucky and so grateful. hopefully she passed that day!
And about my friend, who had also didnt bring enough - only 15 dollars, we called my city friend who came around with 10 bucks after a while, had a nice chat, a good laugh and payed her back the next day.

I will make sure to check fees for licences a bit more carefully next time!

tl;dr i didnt have enough money to pay for my licence, but lucky things happened and its all good now
wtf

That's the stupidest rule I've ever heard - I would've complained to the manager

Yes technically it is in the rules and conditions that you're supposed to bring the correct amount there, but if it's your first time getting a licence and you thought that the booking fee was also the licence fee, why not?

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
wtf

That's the stupidest rule I've ever heard - I would've complained to the manager

Yes technically it is in the rules and conditions that you're supposed to bring the correct amount there, but if it's your first time getting a licence and you thought that the booking fee was also the licence fee, why not?
IKRRR!
the thing is the guy who was serving me was lenient and gave me a slip that would let me jump the queue once i got the money, but the woman working next to him was all very strict and saying that it would forfeit their licences etcetc.. -___-

unfortunately im not the type of person to complain about these sorts of things, and it all turned all right in the end so... meh

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I heard about this even back when I did my test like.. 5+ years ago. I came prepared with the cash especially when you are going for other licence types where you can get 5 years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)