What uai do i need to get into psychology (1 Viewer)

Amryllis

HSC
I've just done Research Methods 3A (3rd year stats) at UNSW. It's much harder than 2nd year stats. It's always better to have a good maths base because it would take less time to learn stats when you don't need to spend time trying to understand the basic mathematical ideas. People who are not good at maths will usually struggle with stats.

There should be 5 stats courses in total in BPsych. There are 2 more stats courses in 4th year.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Question - do B Psych students automatically get into 4th year honours..?

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Minai said:
No, they need to maintain a credit average over the course of 3 years. If not, they will be forced to drop down to B Science to take out a Pass majoring in Pyschology.

Sarah

HSC
N/A
Minai said:
A friend of mine doing B Psych at UNSW told me that they need at least a credit average in total across Psychology subjects. So say if you get a pass in PSYC 2001 but a high distinction in PSYC 2061, you've still maintained a credit avg

They don't necessarily have to maintain the credit avg in their other subjects (electives).

Not sure what it's like at other unis though

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
thats wierd. because from what I've been told many psych students fail to achieve the credit average. Even more the D average required in third year at usyd.

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
Well, all the ppl in B Psych got 95+ ... they are all smart. And the content is difficult, but evryone who tries is smart enough to get a credit average. This is based on the 20-25 or so people i know im B psych and there are more like 50 - so im talking about half the sample.

Also, I am only second yr... os maybe it will become crazily hard from here on in ...

Ac

Last edited:

Amryllis

HSC
I reckon it does get increasingly difficult to get good marks as you progress to 3rd year. I think I had to put in twice the amount of effort as I did last year to get the same sort of marks. But that might just be me.

I know someone who was in BPsych but just missed out on a credit average so couldn't get into honours for 4th year. He ended up switching to a computing degree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)