What UAI to study overseas?? (1 Viewer)

Lori.

HSC
Does anyone know of a website that states some sort of comparison between the NSW UAI and its equivalent in other countries?
I'm interested in studying in either Austria or Germany, but i can't find what UAI i need to have to get into a course there. A friend of mine once found a website that showed this for all sorts of countries and systems, but i can't find it now. . .does anyone know of one??

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
I'd actually love to know if one exists, too. :)

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC

Season

HSC
It would depend on the university and the course you were applying for, the best thing to do would be to drop by your careers advisor and ask him/her for advice. I'm sure they'd know, or at least know where to go.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
To study in the US we sit there SAT, which is like general knowledge.

GreenLeaf

consultant
HSC
N/A
I know California State Uni accepts all students if you have a GPA over 3. Which is pretty much everyone at Uni.

Or if you're in school, its a B-grade average, or top-third % of students in the HSC.

benotdavid

HSC
I know that in Germany, most universities, you can just sign up and pay the fee.

Peartie

HSC
I know that in Germany, most universities, you can just sign up and pay the fee.
In germany not everywhere has a fee

that being said - to study a FULL degree in Germany one needs to pass a language and culture test as well....

Andi0390

HSC
If you are applying as an International student generally it will be easier to get in but very expensive. Germany used to offer free university education to its residents, but I know that they are now charging a reasonable fee. I imagine this would be much higher if you were an international student. If you go to the German Consulate Australian site there is a link to a website called 'study in germany' or something similar, it has information on there. This list you propose, I think it would be difficult for it to remain accurate and current, and the best way to find out what UAI you would need would be to contact the Universities directly.

Be aware that without residency you may find it difficult to work, and you will not be eligible for any form of social support from Australia or where you are going. Even if you are a citizen (like I have dual citizenship Australia/Euro) you will not be considered an ordinary resident for between 2-5 years, depending on where you go. For many Australians, full time international study in Europe is not an option.

I've always thought that international students 'pay their way in', not saying that they are not smart, but universities like money, and international students offer a lot that, therefore universities are less selective with international students.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)