What UAI would you be content/happy with? (1 Viewer)

What UAI would you be content/happy with?

• 80-85

Votes: 94 17.8%
  • 85-87

Votes: 39 7.4%
  • 87-90

Votes: 43 8.1%
  • 90-92

Votes: 69 13.1%
  • 92-94

Votes: 30 5.7%
  • 94-96

Votes: 67 12.7%
  • 96-98

Votes: 62 11.7%
  • 98-99

Votes: 29 5.5%
  • 99-100

Votes: 53 10.0%

Votes: 27 5.1%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 15 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
adidasboy said:
how can a school drag your mark down? I that thought if you come first, the school's performance won't count
first in all subjects (internally + externally) = not effected by schools performance.

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
i would love to get a 99+ but i would be satisfied with 95-96, when i say that i mean 90 wouldn't be the end of the world either!

terminator69

HSC
champo14 said:
From the poll choices you seem to be suggesting that 80 is the minimum anyone could be happy with?

Surely not.
Yep I agree with this.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
aididasboy said:
how can a school drag your mark down? I that thought if you come first, the school's performance won't count
Technically, it won't. But in reality, it may - like if your entire cohort goes to school simply because they are forced to, where they just end up disturbing anybody who wants to learn during class.

sasa-o8

HSC
85 and I'll be over the moon. 90 and I'll be over two moons.

Realistically, OVER 80, however that doesn't seem like it'll be happening :'(

TurkStyle

HSC
no i mean my schools performance seriously brought her uai down cause like everyone failed in her class

im sure withoutwings could back me up here

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
I thought your ranks and the distance between others and ur position within the cohort are the only factors that can considerably modify ur UAI. i spose 2 a minor extent ur cohort could but if u were first in every subject, u set the standard.

mollycoddle

HSC
Trajan said:
You mean your high school has never had anyone get a UAI between 99-100?

Which school might this be...? PM if you want.
Woops, I shouldn't have said that as I am not entirely 100% sure. The highest I know of though is 98.8. I go to Byron Bay High School. Don't get me wrong, I love it but you city kids do have such wonderful advantages.

ccc123

HSC
Due to all the confusion about how internal/external marks of you and your peers can affect your mark, here is the way I understand it to work:

Ok. So your HSC mark is 50% internal and 50% external. However, your internal marks will undergo a process of moderation. This serves as an equaliser if some schools have harder assessments or marks easier etc etc.

So, for example:

Lets say the top three assessment marks submitted by School A are as follows:

And School B's top three assessment marks submitted are:

BUT in the exam, the top three marks for School A are:

and School B:

In this case, the marks are moderated so that the internal (i.e assessment) marks of the top three internally ranked students are changed to whatever the top three exam marks were in that school:

So, this would mean that in School A, the moderated assessment marks for the top 3 internally ranked students would be:

and in School B:

The HSC marks of these students would then be calculated with consideration of the exam mark.

For example, lets say in School A, the student ranked first internally achieved an exam mark of 90.

In this case, their HSC mark would be the average of 94 (their moderated assessment mark) and 90 (thier exam mark). This student would thus have an HSC mark of 92. In this sense, it is clear that the performance of your cohort can affect your assessment mark. However, if you are ranked 1st in both internal and external you will not be affected by the performance of other students in your school.

I'm pretty sure that's how it works, but if any moderaters want to add or correct, feel free :)

Hope it clarified.

Last edited:

Devouree

Good names already taken.
HSC
to ccc123, i may not be admin or mod, but yeah, that's a well thought out and perfectly correct example. (so all i have to do is come 1st in hsc and school... can't be too hard hmmm..... :()

I'm aiming for 99.5 (i wanna do law/commerce which needs 99.3, but to be safe :p). Realistically, hopefully 99+

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
TurkStyle said:
no i mean my schools performance seriously brought her uai down cause like everyone failed in her class

im sure withoutwings could back me up here
It shouldn't have brought her down if she came first internally though.

As a sidenote, cool you go Bossley Park High - I know a few people there. :D

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
approx. 50 % of people doing the HSC will get a UAI of 65 or lower. :eek:
the poll simply doesn't work.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
melanieeeee. said:
approx. 50 % of people doing the HSC will get a UAI of 65 or lower. :eek:
the poll simply doesn't work.
But the people that come here generally care about how we go so generally we get much better marks then the average.

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
But the people that come here generally care about how we go so generally we get much better marks then the average.
caring about how you go doesn't necessarily mean a high UAI. i think the majority of people doing the HSC do care about thier UAI.

ticky2002

HSC
N/A
What do they do if it is under 50?
Don't they stop the numbering there or something.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
well its retarded.

firstly, suicide is nothing to joke about. especially in relation to the hsc.

secondly, i only need a uai of 75 (so, 75 is good. anything else is even better) and, please, i shit all over most of you.
rude but true. :p
Firstly, shitting all over people is nothing to Joke about. It's a common fetish and should not be used out of context.

secondly, what makes you think you're better than most of us?

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
ticky2002 said:
What do they do if it is under 50?
Don't they stop the numbering there or something.
it is equal or less than 30 that they get a dash.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
melanieeeee. said:
caring about how you go doesn't necessarily mean a high UAI. i think the majority of people doing the HSC do care about thier UAI.
A lot of people who do shit won't care enough to visit these forums (maybe non-school). People who care about their UAI will put more effort into studying resulting in better marks. Of course there are still some 08ers here who will receive shit UAIs but I think it's fair to say that the people that post here do relatively well as a who compared to the rest of the state.
melanieeeee. said:
it is equal or less than 30 that they get a dash.
And a free beer at your local bowlo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)