What UAI would you be content/happy with? (1 Viewer)

What UAI would you be content/happy with?

• 80-85

Votes: 94 17.8%
  • 85-87

Votes: 39 7.4%
  • 87-90

Votes: 43 8.1%
  • 90-92

Votes: 69 13.1%
  • 92-94

Votes: 30 5.7%
  • 94-96

Votes: 67 12.7%
  • 96-98

Votes: 62 11.7%
  • 98-99

Votes: 29 5.5%
  • 99-100

Votes: 53 10.0%

Votes: 27 5.1%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 15 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dodgyv

CEO
HSC
errr whats with high uai aims should be 50-onwards others such a small number lOl last year i aimed for 60uai i got eventually got Nawarded since the teacher was such a dick though particially it was my fault as well though i did get a (estimated)calculated mark using the SAM it was like 59 ><" was so shocked i did nothing i thought i was going to get 40 lOl mehh this year i am aiming for 85 but ill settle for 75

dodgyv

CEO
HSC
wow fck me im suprised so many poeople aim for 99-100 fckin ambitious if you ask me but i guess you aim high is better lOl i aimed so low last year and when i found out i got like band 4s i was like OMFGGGGGGGG so happy this year different story(repeating) get a band 4 i fckin rage

marinaghattas92

HSC
I think u shud do ur best....doesnt matter wat uai u get as long as u get into wat u want...lyk i want to do dentistry or mayb maths teaching....so yeah

zainab karimi

HSC
l need book for my subject.:wave:

does anyone know where to get them from!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

plz this is urgent . l got my HSC in another 17 weeks.

my subject are:
english standard
general maths
legal studies
senior science
business services(VET)

TurkStyle said:
This is ure realistic aim, what you would be content with.

for me its 96.5!!

johony

HSC
to the poster above, try your local library. and perhaps try posting in the year 12 forum.

back on topic, i'd be happy with anything 90+, but a 98.45 would be extremely nice.

HSC
i'm so disillusioned and SICK OF THE HSC AND EVERYTHING CONNECTED WITH IT that i don't really care anymore!!!!! (bawls eyes out)

zdzislaw

Jack, much
HSC
Apey MatrixElf said:
i'm so disillusioned and SICK OF THE HSC AND EVERYTHING CONNECTED WITH IT that i don't really care anymore!!!!! (bawls eyes out)
Hey april!
lol its jackk here! dont be disillusioned you can do it. i know what u are capable of

-tony-

HSC
for me i only need an 80 (or there abouts) to get into teaching in uni so thats wat i want my base mark to be

Hysterik

HSC
Frankly I think defining yourself over your UAI is ridiculous. Having said that, unfortunately I need 98.6 to get into my course. If I wanted to get into something with a lower UAI I wouldn't care what I got. I'll be content with anything over 80, I'll still get a BA at UNSW with that, and I'll just transfer.

MTP

HSC
85-90

anything in between that then im happy, cos that is the minimum required UAI for the course i want to do. (judging from the past years)

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
Hysterik said:
Frankly I think defining yourself over your UAI is ridiculous.
Yup. I don't know why people want to lock themselves up and study non-stop. Your UAI doesn't really matter when you get into UNI.

If you go to UNI and you have a UAI of 100, people are going to think you're an uber nerd. Besides, theres basicly nothing that you can get with a UAI of 99.9 that you can't get with a UAI of 99.7. :D

Schoey93

HSC
I'm sick to death of people going on about the UAI and scaling. For heaven's sake people, what's going to happen if you get 60 UAI? Is your life somehow going to become not worth living?

Honestly! When are people going to wake up to themselves and realise that the HSC doesn't actually matter all that much, so long as you PASS, you can still do well in your career later on in life. Some people that never even did the HSC or equivalent have gone on to become millionnaires!
Jeez.

Just be happy with knowing that you've done your best, don't bother to be so silly as to worry about three little numbers on a computer screen supposedly "determining your future". It's a load of BS.

Hysterik

HSC
Schoey93 said:
I'm sick to death of people going on about the UAI and scaling. For heaven's sake people, what's going to happen if you get 60 UAI? Is your life somehow going to become not worth living?
Sorry little Year 9 kid, but you can't quite get the pressure until you actually enter the course. I was entirely blase about the HSC and my UAI until I hit Year 12 but it matters to me now. The constant pressure from parents and teachers is pretty relentless (at least for me, no I am not asian) so it becomes a bigger deal. Just letting you know.

No, it's not the end of the world if you don't do well. But it's great if you do do well. This thread is asking what you'd be 'happy' with. So it's obvious that people's expectations will be high.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Schoey93 said:

Honestly! When are people going to wake up to themselves and realise that the HSC doesn't actually matter all that much, so long as you PASS, you can still do well in your career later on in life. Some people that never even did the HSC or equivalent have gone on to become millionnaires!
Jeez.

Just be happy with knowing that you've done your best, don't bother to be so silly as to worry about three little numbers on a computer screen supposedly "determining your future". It's a load of BS.
By far the smartest person in this thread.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
foram said:
I would guess the person would get kicked out of their house, and be disowned. Then they would have to live off social welfare untill their centerlink money drys up and they have to start going to TAFE or be a hobo.
Haha, although in all seriousness - pride aside, 60UAI can = TAFE = transfer so on and so forth.

HSC =/= life deciding.

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
I need between 70 and 76 to get into Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Mathematics, depending on what university I wanna go to. I'll be happy with 85 or so, but 90 or more would be fantastic for me. =]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)