What Uni degree results in money-making knowledge? (1 Viewer)

vwr32golf

HSC
Just wondering, which Uni course is most likely to give me knowledge about making money in property markets, shares, business and so forth?

chucknthem

chuck norris
HSC
probably commerce, but if you want specific knowledge on making money, seek ways to learn on your own. uni won't teach you those things, but you'll probably find people in commerce degrees with the same interest as you. find those people and learn to make money together.

phrred

HSC
those mentioned
reading finance books written by well known investors would be your best bet

ay0_x

HSC
None. Commerce is way too theoretical and really fills your head with crap with regards to trading/investing/making money.

Learn yourself.
+1.

Most great entrepreneurs have had actual dreams and hobbies, "making money" was a 2nd result. Richard Branson, Bill gates.. neither have a commerce degree.

A business man is born not taught in a lecture hall.

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
+1.

Most great entrepreneurs have had actual dreams and hobbies, "making money" was a 2nd result. Richard Branson, Bill gates.. neither have a commerce degree.

A business man is born not taught in a lecture hall.
+1

Read books, network and for God's sake do a degree you will ENJOY.

Foxodi

HSC
Science and engineering.
Not everyone is able to solve problems like a scientist or engineer does.
Because scientists and engineer's had good problem solving skills to begin with?
I was in a similar position op, I decided to go Accounting/Finance route so I will be able to gain deep business knowledge/contacts. But mostly I agree - your brain and a few books will be far more important to you then a degree.

louy

HSC
N/A
Having the knowledge doesnt mean you will make the money. You still need the balls and mentality to make the money.

There are loads of books out there on how to make money, and loads of people read them. But not everyone who reads them makes loads of money

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
Computer science, physics and mathematics are pretty good degrees for 'problem solving.' I think Operations Research would be a good major as students should become quite competent modellers through this.

Alot of investing is about finding patterns - having a statistics degree with a strong interest in investing (extracurricular study omg) would be the way to go. Without basic knowledge of finance however looking for patterns is quite useless as they are based on economic trends.

EDIT: Mathematicians are notorious for not willign to get their hands dirty though.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)