What Uni has best social life / environment? (2 Viewers)

Flop21

HSC

Last edited:

pHyRe

HSC
uni social life is what you make of it
how is that helpful at all? the same person (making the best of what's in front of him) will have a better time at certain universities than other universities.

if you think the social life at usyd is the same as a very small private college and all you say is 'it's what you make of it' then youre quite misguided.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
how is that helpful at all? the same person (making the best of what's in front of him) will have a better time at certain universities than other universities.

if you think the social life at usyd is the same as a very small private college and all you say is 'it's what you make of it' then youre quite misguided.
lol

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad

okay buddy

ikr

Flop21

HSC
No offense but I already understand that. I was kind interested in hearing more specifics. Like I'll just say it straight, the atmosphere at USYD I've been told is super stuck up and UNSW similarish. I was wondering if this was true or not?

So you're saying they're all the same? So USYD has the same atmosphere as UOW?

I literally have no idea so any help is helpful lol.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Okay USYD is snobby
Unsw is Asian
Uow is white ppl
Uws is Arabs
UTS is a mix
Mq no idea tbh

Either way, making a social life and choosing your friends is up to you

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
No one here really can give you an informed opinion unless they've been to multiple universities

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
No offense but I already understand that. I was kind interested in hearing more specifics. Like I'll just say it straight, the atmosphere at USYD I've been told is super stuck up and UNSW similarish. I was wondering if this was true or not?

So you're saying they're all the same? So USYD has the same atmosphere as UOW?

I literally have no idea so any help is helpful lol.
See there's a problem with making sweeping generalisations because they are not true for everyone. You will find super stuck up people at USyd just like you will at UNSW, UTS, UOW etc. There will also be more down to earth people across those universities as well. It all depends what societies you get involved in and type of people you choose to mix with.

All I can say is the larger universities obviously have more parties/bigger atmosphere etc but I cannot qualitatively generalise the atmospheres with any degree of accuracy because there is so much variation between individuals.

enoilgam

HSC

It's actually a bit of both in my view. Obviously, different unis have different social scenes - Notre Dame is far more sedate and less socially active than say USyd. That being said, if you arent really interested then it doesnt really matter where you go.

Notre Dame

Enoilgam can confirm
If you want a more mature version of HS, then yes it is pretty good for that.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Socially wise
Unsw > usyd > Uts > uws

Unsw has very active clubs with many events and parties , people are kind

Usyd has active clubs but often people are in cliques and it's hard to get settled in

Uts, semi active clubs , nice , chill people

Uws , not much clubs , not too social, people go to uni .. Then home

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
But as for your experience .... It's what you make out of it , whether you go to library a lot or go out with fiends more after uni

Confound

HSC
MQ has pretty great campus life. But I can't say any further because what happens in mq stays in mq

EDIT: too much drinking, not enough study at MQ

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)