What university course should I do? (1 Viewer)

noctua

HSC
I'm quite interested in computing, and I would sure like to work in some prestigious companies like Google, Microsoft, Apple and so on. What course should I do and what ATAR should I aim for?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Try a... computer science degree, or software engineering.

/thread

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
No uni course will prepare you for an interview with Google, FB or Apple and someone who has learnt everything they know from uni would never get a job at any of those places. Comp Sci would be the best bet though.

noctua

HSC
There is a lot of competition to get a job after you do a degree in computer science, and the pay is not that well. So I was thinking if there is something that has job security and a really good pay.

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
There is a lot of competition to get a job after you do a degree in computer science, and the pay is not that well. So I was thinking if there is something that has job security and a really good pay.
Not sure about the competition, but I know the pay can really be quite good,the thing is you need to do programing/coding in your spare time as well to really stand out and work at any of the companies you mentioned. The Comp Science degree will just help supplement all that.

bangladesh

HSC
Not trying to crush your dreams or anything, but 'I would sure like to work in some prestigious companies like Google, Microsoft, Apple and so on' is not a very realistic goal.. If you wanna pursue it, don't hesitate but keep your options open in case you fail to achieve what you want (ie have backup plans)

flashyGoldFish

HSC
N/A
Well if you want to work in computer science, a computer science degree isnt worth it. You should get a point of different and do an arts degree

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)