What was your parents & family reaction to your UAI? (1 Viewer)

LaMPshade

HSC
i kind of saw it coming, however i was really hoping for 80+, not untill i saw my hsc marks then i was hoping for 70+. I was curious and received my estimate with SAM and got 65.98

I WAS SOOO DEAD, yes im asian, yes i got to selective and yes i was so disappointed. So once i got my UAI confirmed this morning (not as shocked coz of SAM). i took all my life savings and headed straight out the door, unsure of how i will ever face my parents. I went to eastwood with a friend who also did not achieve to her parents standard and we jsut contemplated about our future.

well the point is, i got home at midnight, my parents waiting for me and they told me how disappointed they are and lectured me for about 30 mins. i guess i should clean up my act because i really can't do much with a 65, but then again, i kinda blame them for spoiling me T____T and giving me too much freedom. i won't go into detial but thats the gist of it all

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I was happy and my parents seemed to be proud of me :)

Ioup

HSC
I got 87.40 and my parents were extremely happy with my results.

By the way, some of these asian parents sound like pure evil...
No offense. 0_-. I feel sorry for you guys that have to deal with them.

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
Riviet said:
I was happy and my parents seemed to be proud of me :)

that is great riviet. LOL:rofl:
might have to change my signature a bit.. @_@
congras

Phyuk_Yiu

http://co.bos.error2-1337
HSC
Well i got 80, and my parents reaction was pretty laid back. They might be disssapointed that i won't get into my first uni preference but i think they, like I, know that Uni isn't that big of a deal.

bassqueen16

HSC
seriously, anyone who got over 90 and is all wah wah im so disappointed should get a grip of themselves, most of you may not now be able to get into your first preferences oh how sad, but think about all the people who, because of their uai's, aren't even able to go to uni AT ALL... just be grateful that you're getting the chance, cos not everyone is

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
LaMPshade said:
i kind of saw it coming, however i was really hoping for 80+, not untill i saw my hsc marks then i was hoping for 70+. I was curious and received my estimate with SAM and got 65.98

I WAS SOOO DEAD, yes im asian, yes i got to selective and yes i was so disappointed. So once i got my UAI confirmed this morning (not as shocked coz of SAM). i took all my life savings and headed straight out the door, unsure of how i will ever face my parents. I went to eastwood with a friend who also did not achieve to her parents standard and we jsut contemplated about our future.

well the point is, i got home at midnight, my parents waiting for me and they told me how disappointed they are and lectured me for about 30 mins. i guess i should clean up my act because i really can't do much with a 65, but then again, i kinda blame them for spoiling me T____T and giving me too much freedom. i won't go into detial but thats the gist of it all
Wow, you ran away? Don't matter whether or not i believe it, i just wish i had the resources to do the same thing...

-P_D

pink668

HSC
my parents 'appeared' happy with the 98.5 but deep inside i was grieving deeply...

vg_woz_here

HSC
my mum was cool with what i got. she was eccstatic. i did really great compared to the other girls i have spoken to who spent hours studying their arses off. i even came top 10 in one of my subjects ^^

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
bassqueen16 said:
seriously, anyone who got over 90 and is all wah wah im so disappointed should get a grip of themselves, most of you may not now be able to get into your first preferences oh how sad, but think about all the people who, because of their uai's, aren't even able to go to uni AT ALL... just be grateful that you're getting the chance, cos not everyone is

not everyone gotten 90+ had it easy
a lot of them probably couldnt afford tuition, experienced domestic problems and craps but they fought for it
many complained only because their effort wasnt paid off.

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
Congrats to everyone on their efforts this year, and i'm sorry that some people have complete fucktards for parents. Thank God I'm not a city/selective kid.

wonga2046

HSC
im over the moon with my results (98.55) seeing as i did half the study my sister did, and coped a lot of pressure from my mum.
my mum was disappointed that i missed out on the premiers award by a margin because of english, and missed the bigger picture. had to tell her to shut up =/ didnt feel so good.
however, dad was the best. he still would have been happy if i got 50 or whatever =D
GO DADS!! haha

and yeh im from an asian family, so that explains my mums attitude. but my dad is a strange asian :)

viva_la_emma

HSC
P_Dilemma said:
Guess i'll be the first to post a negative reaction...

Woke up this morning, just before 9am to access results. When parents found out they were silent. You could've tasted the disappointment in the air...

Afterwards they come back home from work. Dad still silent, exasperated, disappointed... simply, ashamed to have a child like me. And i'm ashamed to have a dad like him too, so we're even...

Mom went on and on and on for a half-hour lecture that i didn't really listen to...

And now i'm alone.

Seriously guys, is 83.65 that bad? -P_D

NO ITS NOT i got 83.95 and my rents were soooo excited as was i. i was only expecting like mid 70's and boom 80's

i hate how parents act, its your life they should be proud if they know you did your best

muttiah

Banned
HSC
P_Dilemma said:
Guess i'll be the first to post a negative reaction...

Woke up this morning, just before 9am to access results. When parents found out they were silent. You could've tasted the disappointment in the air...

Afterwards they come back home from work. Dad still silent, exasperated, disappointed... simply, ashamed to have a child like me. And i'm ashamed to have a dad like him too, so we're even...

Mom went on and on and on for a half-hour lecture that i didn't really listen to...

And now i'm alone.

Seriously guys, is 83.65 that bad?

-P_D
it is if ur an asian broda!!

haque

HSC
I was happy with my mark and my parents at first seemed indiferent(maybe cos all three of us had viruses lol). My dad went and ordered 15kg of sweets curry style lol.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
muttiah said:
LIAR!
I got 83.55 and my parents who are Asian are stoked... but they're new age Asian parents..... oh and yeah I got into Art Express, lol.

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
luscious-llama said:
muttiah said:
LIAR!
I got 83.55 and my parents who are Asian are stoked... but they're new age Asian parents..... oh and yeah I got into Art Express, lol.
Ah, that explains it. My parents are old-age asians, born, bred and educated there.

Haa... thanks a lot guys for your sympathy and understanding. I feel a bit better now!

-P_D

yankyfly

HSC
I fell genuinely sick in the stomach listening to the stories of parents being complete wankers to their children. A few poeple said they had to sit through half hour lectures. That is a disgrace! They are disgraceful parents! I'd like to see how they cope with the HSC. Poeple commit suicide over the HSC because of bullshit pressure like that. I can't believe this...

On a side note I never realised that asians felt pressured to perform simply because they are asian. i also find that quite weird. personally i would rather wonder round the wilderness of some random HSC or TAFE course, that i didn't want to do for a couple years, then sell my soul in year 12. The HSC is a fucking number. I would hope family relationships are more than numbers.

Tell your parents, they should do a better job on their next child. If you don't have a younger sibling, look your parents in the eye and say "your failing is far worse than mine"

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
yankyfly said:
I fell genuinely sick in the stomach listening to the stories of parents being complete wankers to their children. A few poeple said they had to sit through half hour lectures. That is a disgrace! They are disgraceful parents! I'd like to see how they cope with the HSC. Poeple commit suicide over the HSC because of bullshit pressure like that. I can't believe this...

On a side note I never realised that asians felt pressured to perform simply because they are asian. i also find that quite weird. personally i would rather wonder round the wilderness of some random HSC or TAFE course, that i didn't want to do for a couple years, then sell my soul in year 12. The HSC is a fucking number. I would hope family relationships are more than numbers.

Tell your parents, they should do a better job on their next child. If you don't have a younger sibling, look your parents in the eye and say "your failing is far worse than mine"
That's a bit extreme. After all, many Asians kids can agree on how hard Asian parents have worked for their children, so far to the point as to immigrate to a new country for a better future for their children. It's a mentality thing I guess, but on the other hand, Asian parents who pressure their kids to do well in the HSC so they can keep their 'face/mianzi' in front of other Asian parents should reevaluate their roles.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)