• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What we can/cannot bring in (1 Viewer)

corbs18

In the examination timetable booklet i got from board of studies in the mail, it has the requirements for each exam. Under mathematics it says board approved calculator, pair of compasses, set squares, protractor. i have all of them. It also says u can have an optional curve drawing template, one that has templates with no printed formulae other than equations of simple curves (y=x^2).

I have a template and it has the shapes of sine and cos graphs, hyperbolas, parabolas, y= x^2, y=x^3, parallelograms etc.

However it does not hav things like the properties of the shapes, just the shape of it and does not have things like where graphs intersect axis etc (for example does not show sine graph intersects at pi and 2pi etc)

Will i be able to bring this into the exam do ya reckon?

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I think that is fine, but try ringing the HSC helpline just to make sure.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Probably. I have one that sounds similar to yours and my teacher said things like those are mostly allowed.

Kabeio

k.
HSC
corbs18 said:
In the examination timetable booklet i got from board of studies in the mail, it has the requirements for each exam. Under mathematics it says board approved calculator, pair of compasses, set squares, protractor. i have all of them. It also says u can have an optional curve drawing template, one that has templates with no printed formulae other than equations of simple curves (y=x^2).

I have a template and it has the shapes of sine and cos graphs, hyperbolas, parabolas, y= x^2, y=x^3, parallelograms etc.

However it does not hav things like the properties of the shapes, just the shape of it and does not have things like where graphs intersect axis etc (for example does not show sine graph intersects at pi and 2pi etc)

Will i be able to bring this into the exam do ya reckon?
do u have mathaid 4?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)