• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What will you get? (2 Viewers)

What mark will you get?

• 48+

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • 45-47

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • 41-45

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • 36-40

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • 30-35

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • 26-30

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 16-25

• 1-15

• Total voters

rhinoivory

are we going to post up our stories after they are handed in? I wouldnt mind reading other works, even if they aren't showcased....

rhinoivory

nah, not now, after we hand them in... that way we will be avoiding and issues, if there are any.

Mines going in August, so it will be a while yet..

Just polished my report off today. Tommorow I have to hand it in. Argh! Anyway, tommorow isn't all that bad. I got a couple of mates to read my short story, so they should give me a little feed back. :D

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Yeah after they get submitted we should share.... it would also be helpful for the yr 11's that might be considering this subject for next year.... you know, to see the different standards etc.

malayz_angel

Yeah the cream of the crop (spin spin sugar and braindrainedAsh) and the bottom (namely me) *sigh*

rhinoivory, ur lucky that ur mates are willing to look at your work! Out of the people I've shown parts of my major work to, only two have been friends. One said that there were too many big words lol and the other one started acting it out, like a drama. :)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Hey we will all do well.... my friend who does extension 1 comes and reads the extension 2 forum because it is interesting lol!!!! See, we must be good writers. She said she particularly enjoyed the journal love thread.

rhinoivory

yay for mates feedback. many had too much work and couldnt get through it, but a few gave me some feedback! I love pen ink all over my work, the more scribbles, the better!

lemonade

Coffs Harbour, but will soon be in Brisbane
well, i used to think that my major work was really good, but i recently discovered my teacher thinks its.. well.. CRAP.. :(
so im guessing about 35-40 (being optimistic)

im so disenchanted with it all at the moment and ive been neglecting my MW so that i could study for trials and stuff. my teacher wants it completely finished in a week but she just recently told me to cut out all the sections that i like and rework all these things i hate. im writing for an audience about my own age so is my teacher's opinion on interesting themes to include in my work (of her own preference) irrelevant? and (whilst im whinging about my teacher) she doesn't get any of the humorous things i put in my work *pouts*

I used to think it was really good.. but... im hoping i can try and work on it a bit more next weekend but because i got pneumonia for the trials that started last week my MW will be right in the middle of the trials (the ones i missed).

ah.. there's my rant/whinge for the day..

lemonade

oops.. forgot to say:

i will definitely post my MW up here for all to see once its all finished. You can use it as an example of a band 1/2 lol. :p nah.. im going to put in lots of BIG descriptive words and quirky stuff.. interesting symbolism and imagery :) hopefully i can get some more marks if the examiners dont understand my work...

Andronicarse

The Mothership Connection
HSC
No way dudes. These markers are uber-smart. If they don't understand they'll know you're bullshittin'.
But that isn't to say gimmicks are out of the question. My gimmick could be really cool... if I can get it to work.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by lemonade
im going to put in lots of BIG descriptive words and quirky stuff.. interesting symbolism and imagery :) hopefully i can get some more marks if the examiners dont understand my work...
That's my trick! :p :D ;)

lemonade

damn superhuman markers...

Seems like I'm not the only one who was thinking of 'bullshitting' (and i thought i was being original... isn't that a requirement?... :p)

oh well.. i had a sudden burst of inspiration just then and wrote 3000 words, but since its all run out again i came back here for some more :) (oh and to procrastinate a bit, and since its an hsc board it makes me feel like its almost a substitute for hsc work)

heres a thought: should i be studying for modern history/ancient history/biology trials or doing my MW? which is more important? trials or MW?
modern = 40% this friday
ancient = 30% this tuesday
biology = 15% this friday

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
i am facing the same prob...lol!!!

by the end of the tirals i would be too tired to finish the major work..and by the end of the major work..i would b too tired to celeerate....

*head falls on the table and ZZzzzz*

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
Just for fun......What mark do you think you will get in English Extension 2 as your HSC mark?
I want more than 45 but probably will just be in the 30's :-(
people said I got some good shots in my video. do they mean it? or are they just saying it to make me feel less depressed? I dunno. I am utterly confused.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)