What would happen if .......? (1 Viewer)

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
So basically, I had a few friends use pencil for multiple choice questions when it said NOT to use pencil. (I used pen all the way of course)

Would they still get the marks? Or would all their answers be invalid?

Charles Bean

HSC
I'm sure they'll get the marks. It'd be a bit harsh if they got none just for that.

Northey7

HSC
Umm the computer wouldnt be able to see the responses therefore no answers would be rewarded :/

HSC
It depends on the type of pencil - like how dark it was. If it is dark then it will be picked up, they say no pencil as they don't want you to miss out on marks because the computer didn't pick up your answers.

Isho

Banned
HSC
N/A
They're not that harsh to allow 0 marks for not using pens for the multiple choice. It's highly likely that your supervisors would/should have noticed this and they would have corrected the mistakes themselves (eg. using pens to go over the circled answers).

Magical Kebab

HSC
They're not that harsh to allow 0 marks for not using pens for the multiple choice. It's highly likely that your supervisors would/should have noticed this and they would have corrected the mistakes themselves (eg. using pens to go over the circled answers).
If the computer does not detect it, then someone from the bos would pick it up through seeing person x got zero, or it would somehow let a notification out.
The computer would still read it as probably 5% or more of the state would have used pencil. A friend of mine was forced to, he brought two pens which both stopped working through English and was forced to use pencil after he told one of the supervisors and they said too bad.

Last edited:

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
so basically, i had a few friends use pencil for multiple choice questions when it said not to use pencil. (i used pen all the way of course)

would they still get the marks? Or would all their answers be invalid?
oh shtttttttttt i did that !

enoilgam

HSC
So basically, I had a few friends use pencil for multiple choice questions when it said NOT to use pencil. (I used pen all the way of course)

Would they still get the marks? Or would all their answers be invalid?
Shouldnt be an issue, I'm pretty sure that the computer is able to identify pencil. Even if it doesnt they will probably pick up on it and mark it manually - they arent going to fail you for using pencil (many people probably made this same error). Look, if worst comes to worst and it is an issue (which is extremely unlikely), its the SC - who cares.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Shouldnt be an issue, I'm pretty sure that the computer is able to identify pencil. Even if it doesnt they will probably pick up on it and mark it manually - they arent going to fail you for using pencil (many people probably made this same error). Look, if worst comes to worst and it is an issue (which is extremely unlikely), its the SC - who cares.
What happens if i went over some of the answers with pen ?
I kind of did some in pencil some in pen, i feel like a douche.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
If the computer does not detect it, then someone from the bos would pick it up through seeing person x got zero, or it would somehow let a notification out.
The computer would still read it as probably 5% or more of the state would have used pencil. A friend of mine was forced to, he brought two pens which both stopped working through English and was forced to use pencil after he told one of the supervisors and they said too bad.
The computer will actually identify questions it can't read and the clerical staff will then have to go over the answer manually to make sure that the computer can read it. (This is the same thing that happens when markers' sheets are going through the computer and it can't read a markers' writing - the clerical staff fix it.)

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
i think maybe the computer will read pencil, if its the right type
if not, there will be a marker there to check answers that can't be detected
the instruction not to use pencil is probably an attempt to ween you guys off the pencil so that by the time you get to hsc you only use black or blue pen

supervisors shouldn't be and aren't in charge of how you follow the instructions when answering your exam questions; you read the instructions wrong and fuck up your exam, it's your fault

framed

HSC
at my school, i'm pretty sure the supervisors went through and made sure they were pen, and if they weren't, they coloured them in, i am led to believe.

smartalec

HSC
it will be read. like someone said, they just don't want you to miss out on marks. If you go over really lightly in like a 2h pencil, then it might not be read as opposed to a black pen. My friend used pencil in her sc and it seems as though it went through (she got 88) but she used a normal pencil, which comes out quite dark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)