• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What would u choose Domayne IT sales rep or Market research (1 Viewer)

th

No.1 Asset
HSC
i know u guys would say pick the sales one but i dunno i got offered two jobs yesterday both are full time till uni starts so i will be dissing it.

Now this my situation purely on the basis of award given ( got im such a greedy one) so with Domayne im getting $10 plus commission and most guys i know there average around $100 commission a week on the other hand newspoll offered me $18.71 no commision.

So what u guys rekon which of these would stand out in a resume comparing just the 2. Im really in a awkard situation since ive started at domayne today and starting market research job tommorow. wat would u guys pick?and ive got to get rid of one soon since clashes are inevatend?

Collin

HSC
N/A
From an income perspective, I'd go Market Research for sure. Infact let's even calculate the difference.

N.S.W Full-time = 38 hours+ a week

Domayne Sales = $10 x 38 + $100 = $480/wk pre-tax.

Market Research = $18.71 X 38 = $711/wk pre-tax.

In other words, you should expect to earn around 50% more per week (but slightly less due to tax scaling) in Market Research than Domayne. That's a pretty massive difference.

As for what's more attractive for a resume, I don't really know the specific types of things you'll be doing in Market Research. Being an IT sales rep is great experience when it comes to asserting good oral, sales and business expertise on a resume, so if you expect to get the same out of MR, then go for it.

CrashOveride

HSC
Where abouts is this newspoll place?

Also how do you get commision with this? Don't you just do surveys and that ?

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
well market research you dont have penalty rates or anything like that and 18.71 is standard anywhere you go and you are more likely to get yelled at. but being newspoll you may have a more pleasent time than i did because people are more inclined to do political surveys than product ones.

i dont know much about domayne but in both jobs you have to meet a quota i would imagine. definitely in MR you would.

look at the hours of MR and when you would be most likely to have people do surveys for you and when you are more likely to sell a computer to someone.
its up to you. I think that MR woudl be more flexible in its hours and shifts that you do.

good luck in ur decision and in ur first MR shift lol it should be ...fun?

th

No.1 Asset
HSC
i jst had first shift of both jobs i gotta say in terms of resposiblities being an IT rep is easy, there arent any targets to acheive and u can mingle with the customer for commision pretty easy the downside is the pay i guess. But with MR its ridiculous u have managers observing every changing effect u do to moving a cursor to standing up.
like i said it is planned for these holidays only so considering that i dont give a shit about how hard it is because id be day dreaming when its over which is very soon.

anyone got the massage recliner fuk it literally puts u to a different world so on my hour break i go down to home funiture section and sit ther for a hour watching shrek 2 on repeat

E3k0

HSC
N/A
i work at domayne

depending on ur store location, it could be a lot of money for not a lot of work

but if it's alexandria or auburn u're probably screwed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)