• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What would you do? (1 Viewer)

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
If, for Question Three in tomorrow's paper, there was a word you did not understand in the question, how would you go about answering it?

(A) Answer the rest of the question and hope the markers forget you didn't mention the word and its meaning. (If only..)

(B) Make up your own definition of the word and answer the question accordingly.

(C) Panic, rip your hair out and run straight to the beach.

What would you guys do? I'm leaning towards B.

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
most likely, the question won't contain any difficult words.. (like, i'm talking about non-difficult as in beyond primary school but not uni-style or syllabus-style words.)

They want you to understand the question. They want to mark what you write.. and u can only write if u can understand.

If there are any reallly odd words, they'll have an asterix with the definition at the bottom.

But if ur vocab is er.. lacking... (??) and ur really stuck.. then go for B. It's usually possible to guess the meanings of words if they're in the context of a sentence.

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Answer the rest of the question and hope the markers forget you didn't mention the word and its meaning.

Benno

HSC
get out a dicktonary look up the word b4 the examiners can take it away from you and say "oh, your not allowed to have a dictionary" etc etc

timmii

sporadic attendee
Considering area of study is aimed at the entire state...standard and advanced, an incomprehensible question is unlikely. However, often you can work out a meaning from its context. Considering it is also your extended response question and many of you have prepared answers anyway, write what you can and try to fit it to what you think the question is saying (B) - bearing in mind what these questions are most likely to be asking you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)