What would you do? (1 Viewer)

SipSip

HSC
N/A
SOmething came across my mind since that i was listening to some chinese radio thing about relationships....

Anyway, if someone you considers as friends suddenly sms you one night or day and said that they liked you a lot and wish for you to become their gf/bf what would you do?

1)Act as if nothing happened....don't msg back...the next day you see him or her don't mention it....ie. act as if you didn't receive it

2)Sms back saying "wtf!! you must've got the wrong number"

3)Reply back with your own personal feeling towards them..ie.whether you like them or not.

Also, do girls think that it's insincere if guys just msg them...or would they only reply if they do it in person...because as we all know...guys are often shy about these things...

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
i'd ignore it, and ask them the next day if they really meant it, and if it was a prank

if it was them for real i'd go for 3, in person :p

i can get that some guys are shy, but id rather they did it in person

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I'd msg back saying "why can't you tell me this to my face you wimp??"

So yeah, I think it's nicer and more respectful to do these things in person.

Winston

HSC
ehh... 3 of course, but in person. What's the worse thing that can happen? They'll kill u for being honest?

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Winston said:
ehh... 3 of course, but in person. What's the worse thing that can happen? They'll kill u for being honest?
yeah but what if it was a friend messing around with their phone

then you go "hey, well i'd love to get together with you, i've had a thing for you for ages!" then they go "wtf" and all hell breaks loose

Winston

HSC
babydoll_ said:

then you go "hey, well i'd love to get together with you, i've had a thing for you for ages!" then they go "wtf" and all hell breaks loose
LMAO mum, yeah but if you tell them face to face, you'd generally start off with somehting like "so did you send that sms yesterday" etc etc... then the topic comes about.

SipSip

HSC
N/A
Ok...let's suppose it's for real...but i personally think that confessions should be made in person too...it was just that the HK celebrity was saying that they'd sms instead of even phone call because that way they don't even have to talk....i dunno why...but when i heard that i thought that that guy never deserves any girl for the rest of his life...
But yeah...i guess in person shows a lot more respect for the person and i think that there's a bigger chance of succeeding if you do it in person too...

^___^
HSC
what happens if u send the sms and the chick gives u option 2

now things will get kinda...uncomfortable

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I'm completely against any steps relationship-wise taking place over phone or internet. Probably because I was dumped via phone and it made me feel like crap because he didn't have the decency and respect to say it to my face.

SipSip

HSC
N/A
Phone and msg shows little respect for the other party doesn't it....to me, i think phone is still acceptable...although when you're seperating with someone...it's probably better to do it in person, and if you're really nice...make them feel happy after breaking up with you...

And if the person sends you back option 2....i think the answer is a rejection...and it's probably best to delete the msg and forget about the whole thing....personally i think option 2 is better than option 1 as well...since that at least you're getting a response...

Winston

HSC
lol what if you're with Orange HAHAH!, i heard their network was so screwed that if you sent an SMS, it has a high chance it will be sent to someone else haha! and then the sender, might be inclined to think that they sent it, however the person who's suppose to recieve it, doesn't get it, then the sender would think that the reciever has chosen the option 1!!

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I'd probably go with it and say something like "God, I was hoping you'd tell me something important."

I'd follow up with an invite to coffee. Then one thing would lead to another.

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
Winston said:
lol what if you're with Orange HAHAH!, i heard their network was so screwed that if you sent an SMS, it has a high chance it will be sent to someone else haha! and then the sender, might be inclined to think that they sent it, however the person who's suppose to recieve it, doesn't get it, then the sender would think that the reciever has chosen the option 1!!

It's not that bad.. my messages seem to go through, 'cause I get replies!

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC

i could tell if the person was pranking me by their personality but i doubt this would happen, me and my friends are pretty close so it'd be reeeeeally awkward

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
had that happen.
option 3.
otherwise you both get hurt.
but follow it up the next day by talking about it so they feel better if you reject them, and know you're serious if you accept.

^___^
HSC
babydoll_ said:

i agree

winston, u stay away from my fucken fone

Winston

HSC
... said:
i agree

winston, u stay away from my fucken fone
pleaseeeeeeeee ur vibrating feature is better than mine!!!! :(

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Okay this is starting to get wierd.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC

and wouldn't everyone want it face to face? it's better to tell them to their face anyway because you can see their reaction, not a forced reaction in an sms that probably took 30mins to write.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)