What would you like to see on BOS? (1 Viewer)

tennille

HSC
Re: What would you like to see on BOS 2007?

There are some HSC study tips (which could apply for most situations) here and here.

laula2020

HSC

More practice questions to do

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC

Check out the News, Current Affairs and Politics forum.

It's crazy. Everywhere you go there a people posting "essays" on their political opinions. From time to time, there are absurd and offensive comments made and it annoys me a bit.

....and why is that these days, it's become fashionable to have user names named after politicians? I'm referring to Stott Despoja and Nick Minchin.

I'm guessing that the real Peter Garrett and Brendan Nelson must be on these forums too.

Stott Despoja

HSC
N/A

Constructive 'essays' are to be expected and they should be welcomed, and the political accounts have been around ever since the News, Current Affairs and Politics sub-forum was first created. As for the offensive comments, I think that you would be best to report such posts whenever you think that it is appropriate - as you no doubt know the mods aren't always online, and to be quite frank they are much more likely to notice a questionable post when it has been reported by a concerned member of the forum (such as yourself).

If you don't know how to report a bad post, take a look at the attached picture and then follow the red arrow. Use it wisely, and I'm sure that the mods will thank you.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC

Hi Natasha.
What you were thinking there was that I must have a pea sized brain and you might correct. I forgot that there was a "report bad post" button. Offensiveness won't be tolerated in these forums (I hope).

I wish your Democrat brothers and sisters well for this Saturday.

thebeardedlady

HSC

Perhaps under the tertiary education section, an area on international colleges and universities?

EDIT: Never mind.
Found it.

Last edited:

astarael

strawberryqueen
HSC

Are there any plans to create a section for VCE notes and resources anytime in the near future?

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC

astarael said:
Are there any plans to create a section for VCE notes and resources anytime in the near future?
Victoria sucks.

astarael

strawberryqueen
HSC

^^ wow, that was mature...

i'm sure there would be a fairly reasonable amount of people willing to submit notes. i've seen it mentioned several times in threads - "i would upload notes if they had a vce section..." if we have vce forums, why not a vce resources section?

P

pLuvia

astarael said:
^^ wow, that was mature...

i'm sure there would be a fairly reasonable amount of people willing to submit notes. i've seen it mentioned several times in threads - "i would upload notes if they had a vce section..." if we have vce forums, why not a vce resources section?
If the VCE community increases as much as the HSC or to a significant amount the admins might decide to create a VCE resource section but as the VCE community isn't as great as the HSC population there won't be any point as there will be very little resources.

If you want resources for certain subjects you could try making a thread for submitting resources or simply PM some other past members.

T

timbk2

pLuvia said:
If the VCE community increases as much as the HSC or to a significant amount the admins might decide to create a VCE resource section but as the VCE community isn't as great as the HSC population there won't be any point as there will be very little resources.

If you want resources for certain subjects you could try making a thread for submitting resources or simply PM some other past members.
yep thats correct. VCE resources is in the pipeline, as long as our VCE member base continues to grow strongly.

Member232135

HSC
N/A

A faster "quickchat" room :D, which shows when people are in there.

HSC

timbk2 said:
yep thats correct. VCE resources is in the pipeline, as long as our VCE member base continues to grow strongly.
maybe it would increase in size if you had a section dedicated to vce resources though.

and pming past members is a silly idea. first of all: how are you supposed to know who to PM for resources (ie who did what subjects and if they actually have any suitable notes), secondly: it's wouldn't be much good pming someone, who for example, hasn't logged into BOS for the past 2 years and probably never will again.

plodge

HSC
N/A

a homework section where mods or allocated people can help students with hw Qs problems etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)