• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What would you prefer to call your teachers by? (1 Viewer)

What do you prefer to call your teacher by?

• Total voters
Sydney, Australia, Earth, Milky Way...............
HSC
Okay...well, at my school, we call everyone Mr, Mrs, Ms or Miss...or in some cases Dr. Obviously, some of them have nicknames.

A handful of them are used everyday, usually on non-teaching staff (eg The Rev...cept he teaches Religious Studies so I don't actually know where he fits...but anyway...you get my drift...). On school camps and tours, the nicknames tend to surface, because you're spending your leisure hours with them.

On the other hand, people in the music block tend to be in a different kettle of fish; at school we call them with a title and an initial, out of school hours this is quite a different matter altogether :)

Danoz The Great

HSC
superbird said:
I don't see why we should call teachers by their surname. In the workplace (or real world) most employees usually call their managers by their first name.
Yeah me too, but I just give nicknames to everybody I meet really, so yeah, I'm fine with nicknames

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
dangerousdave said:
I dont think its disrepectful to call a teacher by their first name, though its not very common.

I'm just used to calling my teachers sir/miss, some of my teachers have very long last names and I couldnt be bothered to try and pronounce them all the time.
i went to a uni math course and this old lady made us call her by her first name.
i couldnt do it actually :p i kept calling her miss, but she said she thought that it was rude of me, so i called her margaret in the end. sometimes i just avoided calling her by any name though, i used margaret twice :)

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
at my year 11/12 school we were allowed to call teachers by their first name but everyone was so used to calling teachers by their surname or just "miss" or "sir" that nobody really did it anyway...

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
santaslayer said:
I like using their last names....

without the Mr or Mrs in front of course....

eg...yo O'brien....!! :p
yeh basically thats what we called them......their last name without the miss or mr...

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Sir and Ma'am, most definitely.

"You are a very, very bad man, Sir!"
me, 10 minutes before I was suspended for insubordination.

Danoz The Great

HSC
Argonaut said:
Other ones I've had in the past are:

Mrs Bignose
Flanno 1 and Flanno 2 (they were second cousins)
Vamp
Miss Clingwrapper
Pez
Mrs Harrisment
Thicko
Irvo
Butcher
McMelon
Gobby
Miss "Clingwrapper" is really Miss Clingleffer too you 44998 members of BOS. She allso has plenty of other variations to her surname, including Miss Cliffhanger, and Miss KingHeifer. There's heaps more but I've forgotten them all.

There was allso Mrs "I'm-a-man" ~ aka Mrs Minahan. :D

I hate to think what kids would think up with my last name... lol

By the way, WHO IS Butcher, McMelon, Gobby, and Vamp?

Last edited:

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
paganinio said:
I like to call anyone by a short nickname.
Call me pag.
do you play the violin?

Cos my friend plays the violin shes called stephanie but i started calling her Stephanini cos it sounds like Paganini

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
At our school, we have nick names for teachers.
Eg, we call our music teacher Mr Lewis-Jones "LJ", and Mr Howes "Howsie", and with most other techers we just call them by their last names, without the "MR" or "MRS" or whatever. Hehe its funy cos we call our science teacher "Stoner"

..:MizJay:..

Super Supre Member
HSC
the younger ones, sometimes we call them by their first names. but i went to a private catholic school, so generally it was sir or miss. some teachers found it extremely disrespectful if they were not called sir, miss, or mr. "__" whatever. they called us by our nicknames...

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
our school is so over the top with these things. it's a rule to call teachers 'sir' or 'mam' and when a teacher enters the room, we're expected to stand up.

u gotta love private schools...;)

dimsims

HSC
I go to a school where respect is not something you see very often. It is a pretty laid back school (except for the old biatches) and most teachers have a nickname, usually things that rhyme. I have a very good relationship with all of my teahcers and see most of them as friends so i call them whatever i want, although i have found i get a quicker response with "oi you". Works like a charm :O)
Mr Robert delboux is delbs, bob, rob delboux, dildo
Mrs OOsterveen has a skin condition so some students cruelly call her oozy fingers
mr schouten is clive or schouten, skouten, get away from me you freak, creepy guy
Mr lulham is mark, lulham, faggot(he isnt gay just pidgeon toed) big head
Mrs Ireland is miss, mrs ireland- this teacher is the most respected teahcer in my school so we dont really have a nickname for her
Miss figures is figures or that bitch

ps i hope none of my teachers or their children see this. If they do im sorry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)