What you hate about UNSW (1 Viewer)

xtinctdodo

HSC
How about if you work and just get to know sydney for a semester ?
hahaha I've been in Australia since 2007. Went to UWS, did a Master in translation/interpreting. Worked all over Sydney. Thought UNSW was an upgrade. I'm obviously very very mistaken :(

I do appreciate you trying to help me out though LOL. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

_santa

HSC
yes I would chill if I had been given the opportunity and the time to look at another uni. UNSW semesters start way after everyone else. I highly doubt any other uni's would be willing to take me on board so late. Application deadlines are a month before semester is in session, if not more. In other words, I have to accept any crap offer I get now from UNSW, or miss out on an entire semester if I decide to not accept what they dish out. ie leave Australia, and have a shitload of money I've already spent go down the drain.
They will let you apply, though you might have to pay a late application fee, some of my friends applied very late last year to USYD. If it can't be done, don't get worked up about it...you don't need uni to do creative works, right :eek:

xtinctdodo

HSC
They will let you apply, though you might have to pay a late application fee, some of my friends applied very late last year to USYD. If it can't be done, don't get worked up about it...you don't need uni to do creative works, right :eek:
no but I need uni to be allowed to stay in Australia. As for switching to a working visa, LOL with the economy as it is, you know no one's hiring. Plus I have an undergrad in linguistics. All my degrees are pretty useless when it comes to finding a decent job (the downside of doing what you actually enjoy).

Meh. Shoulda stuck with engineering like my parents wanted :mad1:

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
no but I need uni to be allowed to stay in Australia. As for switching to a working visa, LOL with the economy as it is, you know no one's hiring. Plus I have an undergrad in linguistics. All my degrees are pretty useless when it comes to finding a decent job (the downside of doing what you actually enjoy).

Nah, its what you want to do.

You're just having an unlucky spell.

Start up a new degree?

Last edited:

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC

if you know chinese, do a degre in engineering and travel to china and find a job.

there will be major booms in the future.

xtinctdodo

HSC
Nah, its what you want to do.

You're just having an unlucky spell.

Start up a new degree?

too old to be starting over, I need to find myself a career already :(

if you know chinese, do a degre in engineering and travel to china and find a job.

there will be major booms in the future.

I'm from Kuwait.. so no Chinese here unfortunately. Major booms eh? Doubt it.

_santa

HSC

Doing what you like definitely worth it^^ Anyway, the immigration woman that came to UNSW on Oweek said there's a bridging viasa that allows ppl with Australian uni degrees to stay in Australia looking for a job, maybe you could switch to it until next semester?
Or you could try doing another degree for this semester @ UNSW and transfer elsewhere later? An opportunity to broaden your knowledge (good for writers, I assume...), neh?

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Argh, I have a Lecture at a Biomedical Theatre on friday 1pm-2pm and then 2pm-3pm i have a tutorial in the Physics Old Main Building.

Will i make it. :evilfire: hmmm

Uncle

Banned
HSC
Argh, I have a Lecture at a Biomedical Theatre on friday 1pm-2pm and then 2pm-3pm i have a tutorial in the Physics Old Main Building.

holy shit i hated finding classes and rooms in the old MAN building.
its not as easy as going up a flight of stairs then going straight down the corridor.
it could use an upgrade, why does the ASB and the law faculty have the newest-looking shit?

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC

easily, as long as you dont lost in omb

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
ive had classes in there before and ive also had to give timetable tours with some of their classes in omb.

i didnt get lost. so it should be fine.

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
omb..i have so many memories of searching for my calculus tutes there

Uncle

Banned
HSC
Planned dates for My eLearning Vista system maintenance
10 March 2009 9:00 AM​

The following dates in 2009 have been reserved to undertake any required maintenance work on My eLearning Vista and other related eLearning services. Announcements will be made in My eLearning Vista and via e-mail confirming the dates and more accurate times that the systems will not be available as the dates draw closer.

Saturday 02/05/09 – 1 full day
Saturday 16/05/09 – 1 full day
Saturday 4/07/09 – 5/07/09 – 2 full days
Saturday 29/08/09 – 1 full day
Saturday 21/11/09 – 1 full day

What a crock of shit.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
At least we're forewarned, but its still a very sucky system. The cse equivalent is much much better, doesnt fuck up, can open stuff in tabs, very very good, should be implemented instead of WEBCunT.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
My gay Atmospheric notes.

It says PV=mRT.

it then proceeds to derive numerous other equations. where m = mass in kg.

It then continues and says PV = nRT.

Obviously PV=nRT........

But Im freakn confused, It derives some important equations using the equation PV=mRT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)