What? (1 Viewer)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Okay, so like, I've finished high school and the HSC and shit but have no idea what uni to go to or which course to do.
So, I was hoping you guys could've give me a recommendation or suggestion or something.
So, I was hoping to get into medicine but the UMAT fucked me over, so now I have no fucking idea, and I wasn't completely sold on medicine anyway.
So, I'm interested in Maths, science, and, arts and creative stuff. But, omg I hate writing essays (like the text analysis essays in English) but I'm usually great at creative writing and shit and friends said it was a shame I was shit at essays because they said my story for EE2 would've been great.
So I'm a Maths/science nerd that is also arty-farty.
Also, predicted ATAR is ~96.
Okay, now with that info suggest me some courses and some unis and shit.
Kthnxby

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Okay, so like, I've finished high school and the HSC and shit but have no idea what uni to go to or which course to do.
So, I was hoping you guys could've give me a recommendation or suggestion or something.
So, I was hoping to get into medicine but the UMAT fucked me over, so now I have no fucking idea, and I wasn't completely sold on medicine anyway.
So, I'm interested in Maths, science, and, arts and creative stuff. But, omg I hate writing essays (like the text analysis essays in English) but I'm usually great at creative writing and shit and friends said it was a shame I was shit at essays because they said my story for EE2 would've been great.
So I'm a Maths/science nerd that is also arty-farty.
Also, predicted ATAR is ~96.
Okay, now with that info suggest me some courses and some unis and shit.
Kthnxby
If you like maths, sciences, arts and creative stuff:

B Maths
B Science
B Arts
B Creative Stuff

clearly.

---

If you hate writing essays, don't do Arts or English at uni because it's that sort of analysis over again.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Psych
Biological Science
Statistics
Pharmacy
What are these about?
Didn't do STAT so I can't do pharm. Fuck.

B science & arts or B engineering & arts
Hate arts, want career prospects, and not sure if I'd enjoy engineering and didn't do physics.

If you like maths, sciences, arts and creative stuff:
B Maths
B Science
B Arts
B Creative Stuff

clearly
No arts.
Clearly Maths and science, but job prospects and shit bothers me.
Creative stuff? Where's that on the site or in the uac book? Haha

B Arts, postgrad Med.
I wish. I'm kinda giving up. :/

Criminology
What's this?
Job prospects?

Thanks guys.

HSC
Environmental Scientist or Geologist, etc > heaps of jobs available in the mining and gas industry. Work there for a few years and make your way and you could be earning 200k - 300k and higher.

Or alternatively if you prefer the more technical things, then you could go into environmental engineering and the like (Similar job opportunities in the mining and gas industry)

Sample courses
Bachelor of Engineering (Geoinformation Systems) - UNSW
Bachelor of Engineering (Environmental) - U of Newcastle
Bachelor of Geoscience - UNE
and almost all unis offer B of Environmental Science

effylove

carpe vinum
HSC
Environmental Scientist or Geologist, etc > heaps of jobs available in the mining and gas industry. Work there for a few years and make your way and you could be earning 200k - 300k and higher.
come with me to unsw riprewt!!2!
we can throw rox at each other
it'll b sah much fun!!!!23!!!

Last edited:

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
What are these about?
Didn't do STAT so I can't do pharm. Fuck.
What's this?
Job prospects?

Thanks guys.
Psychology is basically mind and behavioural science. "Although the majority of psychologists are involved in some kind of therapeutic role (clinical, counseling, and school positions), many do scientific research on a wide range of topics related to mental processes and behavior (typically in university psychology departments) or teach such knowledge in academic settings; and some are employed in industrial and organizational settings, and in other areas[6] such as human development and aging, sports, health, the media, law, and forensics."

Biological Science is essentially study of life, but can generalise into areas like geology as well. There's heaps of different branches so it's something you'd have to look into for yourself.

Criminology is the study of criminal behaviour in individuals and society. Often mixed in with various forms of sociology. Don't know what the job prospects are offhand, but I think they're all right from what I've heard.

pwettigurl

HSC
Psychology as mentioned above will be pretty good...
Bachelor of science/ advanced mathematics combined at Usyd
Perhaps even a bachelor of medical science....you don't need UMAT for that...

And haha your lucky you didn't sit for STAT it was the hardest STAT exam in years I'm surprised I did reasonably well lol

AcidDrops

Banned
HSC
B Psychology
B Commerce
B Advanced Science
B Medical Science

do a course which covers a wide variety of fields. ie b commerce allows you to go into a lot of different career paths and also b advanced science lets you do this as well.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
No arts.
Clearly Maths and science, but job prospects and shit bothers me.
Creative stuff? Where's that on the site or in the uac book? Haha.
Job prospects? Not sure about science - but maths is good, especially Statistics. Overall, job prospects for maths graduates are average - iirc.

And B Creative Stuff? yeah it's somewhere there, sure of it. nah i'm just kidding

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)