whatcha reakon? and what school? (1 Viewer)

how ya find it?

• I couldn't read it cause i was crying too much (from pain)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BAD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OK

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • I couldn't read it cause i was crying too much (from laughter)

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters

Sprach

Post your school below and then do the poll to what ya think it was like... i found it HEAPS easy, lol

School: GHS

cgsadam

Canberra Grammar - and yeah we all found it pretty easy, all 8 of us that is. But I disagree with the inability of ag to be hard - partial budgets, nitrogen cycles, plant hormones, the method in which a vaccine works, memory cells, fate of energy - all the things that you had to know, weren't there - except hormones of reproduction. I reckon I could have passed that exam without even studying ag for the past two years

arch

James Ruse Ag High

whats with non ag school doing ag? surely there are better subjects to choose from with better scaling...

meh only sticked to doing ag since i have already done it for 4 years prior, strange how i only started to hate ag during the hsc year and not the prelim year...

well the exam wasnt too hard, i didnt really study that much for it...

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
Originally posted by arch
James Ruse Ag High

whats with non ag school doing ag? surely there are better subjects to choose from with better scaling...

yeah sorry but that's typical coming from a school like ruse - all u guys care about is getting high marks and pick your subjects accordingly - and because ag has a small canditure, it's easier to get high marks, therefore you do ag - to ge those high marks, not because u like it

when choosing my subjects i didn't look at scaling or any of that stuff.. i chose subjects that i like, coz you always do well if you actually like what you are doing... true there may have been subjects i could have picked that gave me better scaling and a better uai, but if i sat through 2 years of it and hated it then what's the point... sorry if i sound rude or something, it's just how i feel about your comment

cgsadam - i kinda see what you are saying, the content (in terms of stuff you had to remember) is not easy, but i was saying they can't make the exam all that hard because all the questions are relatively the same each year... meaning that if you do a few past papers then generally in your exam you will come across very similar questions... not saying that ag is an 'easy' subject... just that if you know your stuff the exams aren't usually that hard

~[TaLeC]~

I thought the exam wasn't too bad...only like 1-2 evaluate type questions in paper one, and the rest identify or descirbe questions made it pretty easy in fact...
And yeah...I'm from HAHS

Vortex

!
HSC
Originally posted by ballerinabarbie
yeah sorry but that's typical coming from a school like ruse - all u guys care about is getting high marks and pick your subjects accordingly - and because ag has a small canditure, it's easier to get high marks, therefore you do ag - to ge those high marks, not because u like it
shrug... bit of a overgeneralisation and exaggeration there but true for some of us
ag isn't gonna count for my uai and i dont think its gonna count for many others ruse student's uai... and even if we are able ot achieve high marks.. its scaled pretty badly
our school doesn't offer many subjects available at other schools... such as business studies, legal studies to name two

Originally posted by ballerinabarbie

when choosing my subjects i didn't look at scaling or any of that stuff.. i chose subjects that i like, coz you always do well if you actually like what you are doing... true there may have been subjects i could have picked that gave me better scaling and a better uai, but if i sat through 2 years of it and hated it then what's the point... sorry if i sound rude or something, it's just how i feel about your comment
me myself, i didn't look at much of the scaling and stuff
imo there are a few reasons us ruse students do ag
1-some ppl like it
2-they already did 4 years prior and they might as well finish it and/or make it count for something
3-we finish it in yr 11 and hence for yr 12 we can pick up extension units without dropping any subjects
4-you get to go on the camp in yr 10
5-(dunno about this one but it was true for my sister) its a good break from other more demanding(?) subjects

arch was probably saying that cuz he didn't like ag at all shrug but i dunno

btw everything i said was my own opinion

oh and i thought the exam was okay
didn't study much cuz i just downloaded a game a few days prior and got a bit obssessed with it lolz :$

Last edited:

squ34ki

heavenian woohzaa!
HSC
hey, i'm in yr 10 and doing ag next year!!
hey, i love it, imean with ag as a subject for four years and seeing Mrs ROberts with the cows?
memorable..

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
stuff scaling, as long u hav de potential or zest, motivation passion etc. for it then why not?

Vortex

!
HSC
what is wrong with ag and sewing (isn't it like textiles now?)?
both ag and textiles are important to society and produce things which are basic neccessities in life: food and clothing
dont tell me you dont need them

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
Originally posted by dadon
Go root a sheep you lame ag kids, why don't you do a real subject like sewing?
yeah i love people that think ag is just a bludge subject... oh and yeah farmers do nothing... they have such an easy life - working when they want, sitting around with cows
i've been in the country the last 2 weeks, and its not that easy - 9am-midnight working hours... and no breaks

yeah ag is so easy and country/farm life is a breeze

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)