What's difference between TRANSLATION an TRANSCRIPTION? (1 Viewer)

carrots please!

not a malcontent
HSC
ok i just realised its not to do with phloem and xylem
(translocation and transpiration - gawd is that confusing)

its polypeptide synthesis!

but i have no more insights sorry. something to do with the process of tRNA >> mRNA?!

Roguedeth

HSC
lol

Translation is the reading of mrna produced from transcription to produce a protein

Transcription reads the coding strand of the DNA to produce a pre-mrna which the introns are then cut from it to produce a mrna for translation

I think thats it

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
Roguedeth said:
Translation is the reading of mrna produced from transcription to produce a protein

Transcription reads the coding strand of the DNA to produce a pre-mrna which the introns are then cut from it to produce a mrna for translation

I think thats it
Yeah.. Thats pretty much it, but it is less confusing if you put transcription before translation because thats the order it goes in. And it is the NON-CODING strand (also known as the template strand) in transcription not the coding strand.

Transcription: The DNA unwinds and unzips with the enzyme DNA polymerase. Free nucleotides are joined to the unpaired bases of the template strand to create a strand of mRNA. The sections of the mRNA strand which correspond to introns (non-coding sections of DNA) in the templete stand are then cut out.

Translation: A ribosome moves along the mRNA reading one codon (triplet of bases) at a time. When a codon is in the reading frame, a specific complementary tRNA will deliver a specific amino acid. Peptide bonds form between the amino acids forming an polupeptide

Im not sure if you need that much detail if this is for blueprint of life, but if you are doing genetics for your option, you will.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)