What's everyone doing in the holidays? (1 Viewer)

MATHmaster

HSC
N/A
Yeah um just wondering... Relax or study?

I was thinking of completing the Space module for Physics, doing a few extension topics in math, reading my English Adv texts and finishing notes for the core section of Modern History. This way I hope to work on past papers in my spare time and ace my first assessments. Also I'm a little weak at Physics so I should start ahead. Obviously I'm going to take good breaks too. What do you think?

CaffeineMotor

HSC
I'm studying as well, hitting all my subjects hard these holidays, and even harder over the xmas holidays. I know many who are taking these holidays as there last chance to relax, but I'd rather prepare now and be ahead of the game.

Get some good notes done, do some questions etc. I'd say it'd make for a productive holiday and will be beneficial for term 4 exams.

deswa1

HSC
Tbh guys, I would take this chance to relax and enjoy your last holiday. Defs go hard in the summer holidays etc. but I wouldn't recommend killing yourselves now. If you want to, maybe do some light reading but yeah, don't go nuts imo.

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah... last proper holiday! Will I study? Probably a bit. Will I rest? No. Will I game? Yes! But that's just me. I would much rather take it easy in the holidays and get myself ready for Year 12 when it properly starts than start 2 weeks early. I know people who started early when heading into Year 11, but I just ended up catching up in the first couple of weeks.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Do some light reading of what you will be learning in Year 12 if you haven't done so. Maybe quickly read some dot points. Take a good break and good luck 2013ers.

marlow415

HSC
N/A
I've been relaxing enough through out year 11 . So these holidays im going to work ahead ext maths ,physics and english and do bits of biology etc

starshine02

HSC
I think i might read my english texts as i already know what my class is doing (i like reading anyways) and maybe skim though the first chapters in my textbooks. but most of the time i just plan to relax, catch up on sleep and have fun.

RishBonjour

HSC
1st thing. If you have slow or illegible hand writing, work on it NOW. It plays a big role in HSC, especially for subjects like english. I would do that in the holidays.
Take this two weeks off (one thing I would recommend, ask your teacher what modules you are doing for english - find the texts - read/watch them), but summer holidays - go hard out

atar90plus

01000101=YES! YES! YES!
HSC
Reading poems and making dot point notes for physics, business studies and SDD.

atar90plus

01000101=YES! YES! YES!
HSC
Also doing some practice questions for maths and physics

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I vote for prepping your Yr 12 organisation and planning how you're going to attack your year...but I recommend enjoying your last holidays. You need some downtime after yr 11 yearlies.

2xL

HSC
Youse are crazy. Make the most of these holidays. Go fuck around; you'll feel a lot better before HSC and be ready to rock and roll.

enak101

HSC
Yeah, I might go over the syllabus for my topics and maybe read some stuff but not too much tbh. Xmas holidays is where I'm gonna smash everything.

HSC
Definetley go over the chemistry syllabus.. I have no idea wtf is going on lol. At least I'll get a head start in that. That's it study wise though enjoying these last holidays of freedom :D

Ohmygodthehsc

HSC
I didn't do any school work for that break.

I started working decently at the beginning of year 12 and gradually increased my study time as the year progressed.

Summer holidays I did 4-5 hours a day.

HSC
oh wow. You guys all seem so studious!

I'm going on camping in the first week, and plan on just reading and going out with friends in the second week ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)