what's harder, getting 90+ ATAR or getting distinction + (6+ gpa) (3 Viewers)

adriano_negr0

HSC
Well obviously one data point isn't a trend, lol

All I'm saying is, the average effort at uni is much lower, coz people only do 'what they have to', hence it might be perceived that high grades are "harder" because less people get them.
I have heard of this also

Lydia_88

HSC
well... in my honest opinion, i think the HSC was all about regurgitation of written material, restricted analysis AND you were told how to write essays n stuff HSC style. When you are in university, more effort is required in order to earn D and HD's. Your assignments allow you to develop your own views, research and evaluation of sources. Must refer to journals. From my experience:

Here are my tips in apporaching essay or assignment writing -

1) You cannot use techniques (obviously) and use direct quotes from your sources - this lowers your quality and most likely place in the Fail / Pass band. To solve this, you need to paraphrase and reference consistently through the essay.

2) Use active voice in your essays instead of passive.

3) Grammar and spelling - markers are extremely picky on this one.

4) Avoid using really old journals (like from 1940-1960) and sick to more recent ones (1970- onwards). Online journals are highly recommended.

5) Get someone to re-read your essay and so that they provide you feedback..

Its not easy getting the high high marks in uni, but if you choose subjects / major that completely matches your interest, then you have a tendency to do well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)