What's it like? BCOM at UWS? (1 Viewer)

MalachiteLove

HSC
Hey guys,

Just finished VCE (HSC in NSW) and I'm struggling with my preferences.

Psychology
Accounting
Teaching (Primary)

What would you reckon is the best, Like Primary would be amazing because little kids and also the holidays are brilliant but the pay, let's face it, suck (Unless that's not true?)
Accounting, I love that too but I sorta got shit marks this year but if it hard to pursue
Psych, I love Psych so much but its so hard to do well? If I do take Psych I would wanna be a clinical psychologist and I hear its hard to become one?

So my first two are right now
Psych
and then BCOM at UWS and I wasn't sure if I should swap them around. I would get a guaranteed entry into UWS for BCOM because the atar is lower so If I put that first i'm cancelling everything else out.

What would you think? Is anyone who is doing BCOM at UWS tell me what its like and if its hard, and everything just some more information
Thank you!!

allyoop

HSC
Uni Grad
Sounds like a difficult situation.. well I can sort of help you out with the accounting part - yep it's hard. I have friends that majored in accounting at UWS and some accounting subjects have really high fail rates. I myself hate accounting (because let's face it, nothing ever balances). Also when you graduate, there's a lot of competition out there and less jobs available (I guess it also depends on where you want to work, e.g. the big four).

I can't really comment on the others because I've never done it but I think with primary teaching a job would be guaranteed (I don't know about the pay).

I have nooo clue about psychology. You should def try whirlpool out as well as you may get more replies there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)