What's it like doing Psychology here? (1 Viewer)

katerpillar

HSC
Hi guys, I'm considering doing Psych at UNSW. What's the general uni life for a Psych student? Do you get a close cohort or just a select few close friends? As for the course itself, what's it like? I looked at the programs and they seem interesting as well as super flexible.

D94

HSC
N/A
I doubt it will be a close cohort since there are around 300-400 students doing Psychology courses each year. I guess when you break off into doing either clinical or organisational psychology, the cohorts will be smaller, but by then, it's harder to make close friends.

peterpanda

HSC
Its really laid back first year on which you'll probably get 4days due to the nature of 1st year psych courses (1A/1B) having 4 1hr lectures each week + 1hr tute. The days are not really packed on which I usually finished around 2-3pm each day during my first year. In terms of cohort for B. Psych theres around 60kids of which you'll get to meet in the one course thats exclusive to this course PSYC1021 (applications to psychology? I think). However, the other core courses are packed with other students that are majoring/minoring in psych or are just taking it as a free elective.

In terms of number of students doing psych by year; 1st year theres like 600~ of which drops down to 400~ during 2nd year or abit less.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)