What's law like @ UWS??? (1 Viewer)

memo

It s quite good actually, better than I expected.

Most of the staff have a good balance of teaching and work experience. Rather than all theory some subjects are more practical than others requiring moots. A large number of students in every class are graduates often from areas of humanities. The workload is quite high as you probably expect from any law degree, but the combined degree is balanced well enough for any hardworker to easily manage.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
aye, dingo, lolz, your first post in a century, so you do still exist around campus?

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
One of my friends was telling me how the law books are outdated and that if she were to transfer to law at UWS, then she'd have to use USYD's law library because their resources are so dodgy..

HSC
N/A
law at uws is like law anywhere else... u learn the same crap dont u?
but usyd's law building has a nicerlocation... right next to the supreme court and law at uws parra is at a haunted 19th century spooky looking place... looks like a ghost town... dont go there at night theres ghosts!

Jonathan A

HSC
melsc said:
What's law like @ UWS???

Its actually quite enjoyable. The support is quite good. I did get a little confused, as the cases I learnt with USyd LEC were different to what UWS use, but nonetheless, our lecturers are very good and reputable.

a_person86

HSC
What about employment opportunities after you graduate? A teacher at my school said his wife did Law at UWS and found it really difficult to gain employment due to that reason.

Also, what kind of marks do you need to transfer to another uni in law?

klh

HSC
isnt law subjects alll the same across uni's anyway?
since if it aint, why would uws offer it then? It would mean it was a waste of a course in the first place.
and can i just ask Jonathan A, how did you get a diploma in Law?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)