what's more demanding ?2 ext subjects or 2 unit subject? (1 Viewer)

bettina44

HSC
well i'm doing physics and dt,so how would they compare to maths ext and eng ext?

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
I reckon Extension Maths is more demanding than 2U Maths, but at my school, my friends who do Extension English think it's extremely easy and fun in comparison to 2U Advanced English. So I guess it depends on the subject.

bored of sc

HSC
theoretically the extension subjects would be harder/more demanding but I reckon chemistry is harder than doing extension maths and extension english actually

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
bored of sc said:
theoretically the extension subjects would be harder/more demanding but I reckon chemistry is harder than doing extension maths and extension english actually
Hmm it's really up to you which is harder. You have your own weaknesses and strengths of each subject. For example, bored of sc thinks chemistry is the hardest subject between extension maths and extension english, but I believe extension maths is harder than chemistry.

michael1990

HSC
mle43 said:
depends on the 2 unit subject.

but in most situations 2 ext subjects
agreed.

it also depends on individuals preferences and intelligence.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
Razizi said:
I reckon Extension Maths is more demanding than 2U Maths, but at my school, my friends who do Extension English think it's extremely easy and fun in comparison to 2U Advanced English. So I guess it depends on the subject.
Go Extension English! Advanced is getting really dull...

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I still think that 2 extension subjects would be more challenging than 2 Unit subjects even though it really depends on the subjects.

The Kaiser

HSC
Maths Extension 2 just follows the basic formula as 2/3 unit Mathematics, memorise the formulae/understand the topic and learn how to apply it in various situations.

English Extension 2 isn't as demanding as Advanced or Ext 1, if you have a passion for creative writing and enjoy writing.

As for Music 2 (I'm assuming that there are no more Ext 2 subjects) is pretty much composing your own piece. Again not demanding if you have a deep interest in music.

But as many have said before me, it is your preferences and interests in the subjects that you choose that ultimately affect your performance.

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
Ext 1 English is WAY HARDER than math or physics or chemsitry. In my opinion. I wish I did music or biology or something else instead of it.

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
Razizi said:
that describes me exactly

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Depnds on the person. If an individual is an ace at english they would obviously find it easier than physics and chemistry.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
The Kaiser said:
English Extension 2 isn't as demanding as Advanced or Ext 1, if you have a passion for creative writing and enjoy writing.
Yeah, Extension 2 English is really creative and independent :D

Kujah

HSC
N/A
mle43 said:
depends on the 2 unit subject.

but in most situations 2 ext subjects
Agreed. In some cases, the amount of work (some may disagree) from History Extension is staggering compared to an ordinary 2u subject with the amount of reading and writing you have to do.

wen11

HSC
I'm doing math ext 2 and also chemistry & physics
personally, i'd say 4U math is way more difficult but chemistry takes more of my time.. a lot of research to do..
physics is less demanding and also easier

Cerry

HSC
sikhman said:
i thought music 2 was just an alternative 2u subject, not an extension?
Yeah, but there is an extension music course.

I'm only doing one extension, and I actually find it better than my normal English class. Although the books still suck, the work we do is a lot more interesting, and there's a lot more room for opinion and discussions and stuff. However, it's an insanely huge amount of work, especially for one unit. We have a class from 3:45-5:30 once a week, and always have homework. It's usually at least one essay, or several questions which take a page or two to answer, as well as reading to do.

dpospination

HSC
depends on the person and their strengths in various subjects, but extension courses are deisgned to challenge...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)