whats PDHPE about? (1 Viewer)

69^boi

HSC
N/A
juz wondering, i didnt do it before...is it piss easy?

ViolentJ

Uncle Banger
HSC
69^boi said:
juz wondering, i didnt do it before...is it piss easy?
Its not that easy at all. Huge amount of content to know. And once you know the content, you have to be able to answer questions in the correct manner. To access higher bands you must work hard and study. Many people believe pdhpe is a joke and hell easy but once you've studied it you realise its not. Alot of the content is quite technical. If you sit there and do no work it will show as you will get bad marks. But PD is a fun subject so if you work consistently, you will have fun and should achieve the results you deserve.

69^boi

HSC
N/A
wished i picked it!! now i cant i learn to become healthy for life....

Smiddy

50% deaf...
HSC
I agree with violentj, pd is a hrad couse because of the content, most ppl think that its like pe which is tottally wrong! i chose the course cos apart fomr the fact that i want to be a pe teacher, i enjoy finding about health issues and am also really keen 4 sport stuff. My class started prelim with like 30 ppl in it now we have like 12 cos heaps of ppl dropped it because they thought they could breeze through it! WRONG! the cousre content is huge! and like violentj said u can know it all buyt u have to be albe to relate to the questiona dn answer in the wright way, which is sometimes harder than the actuall study. Ive had a bit of practice answering questions that i asked my teacher for and its helped but it would have to be one of my hardest subjects to study for because the content is so broad! so no its not easy, but an enjoyable course if u like the theory to pe!
~SmIdDy~

blackman

ViolentJ said:
Its not that easy at all. Huge amount of content to know. And once you know the content, you have to be able to answer questions in the correct manner. To access higher bands you must work hard and study. Many people believe pdhpe is a joke and hell easy but once you've studied it you realise its not. Alot of the content is quite technical. If you sit there and do no work it will show as you will get bad marks. But PD is a fun subject so if you work consistently, you will have fun and should achieve the results you deserve.
I like your reply violent J because it is a reality check for many studebts who progress through the the junior years of PDHPE and think its all fun and games, but PE is defenately up there with subjects like biology.

banana_monkey

Better than you
HSC
PDHPE is a subject filled with zany buzz words and phrases about some crazy left wing stuff regarding something about "social justice" or something like that. Personally, I'm looking forward to Core 2 much more than how droll core 1 was this year. Is it just me, or did the year 11 work seem just a whole lot more fun? I really liked everything in the prelim course.

Ranting aside, PDHPE is quite a good subject, and I've found it's about the only subject that can actually be applied to real life in a practical manner. Even if you don't want it for your HSC, at least keep it though year 11, it'll teach you some very valuable skills. You better be good at remembering whole chunks of text though. Or else you'll totally fail.

banana_monkey

Better than you
HSC
I'm pretty sure this year we're doing sports medicine and improving performance, so it should be enjoyable. But, Australia's health was just pretty lame really. Medicare bit was informative though. The year 11 cores just seemed more fun. I don't remember what options we did for year 11. I know we did First Aid, and I think reasons for fitness choices. First Aid rocked though, I got a first aid certificate out of it. Fitness choices was like, totally crap though. I'd say year 11 cores are better, but year 12 options are probably more interesting. As long as I come first again, it's all good though. /me ends shameless ego boost

davo_

good kid
HSC
It's true that the content is huge, and pd/h/pe definitely isn't easy... but a great deal of the content is common sense. Generally if you've ever had a bit to do with sport, a lot of the content you will already know. Something a lot of people don't realise is essay style of the exam questions- i didn't really expect it to be so essayie(yeah i realise thats not a word) beforehand.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)