what's sociology like? (1 Viewer)

korry

HSC
N/A
anyone done sociology before and can tell me what its like? Are there lots of readings? is it a hard subject?

thanks! :)

viviena

rawr.
HSC
I've done SCLG1001 and will be doing SCLG1002, so if my opinion counts...

Readings? Tons. Well, that's partly because I'm a lazy slob, but both SCLG units mentioned state there are approx. 80 pp. of reading per week, although I've often found it to be more. You don't necessarily have to do the required reading in order to bullshit in tutorials, but you might be stuffed when it comes to assessment time (like myself and my pitiful essay). As for difficulty, the lectures can be a bit dry, and tute experience may vary, but the content itself is pretty interesting. It has some difficult concepts, but IMHO it's nothing as long as you do the majority of the readings. And have good writing skills.

jellybeenz

HSC
Its boring as shit... too many readings and its full of bullshit...

I'm being honest about my opinion... but in my experience it isn't really that difficult- exam is open book, umm... helps if you do the readings but god the readings are loooong and boring... lectures are stupid, the online lecture notes pretty much cover everything...

I hate the subject but am continuing next semester for reasons im not sure about...

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
jellybeenz said:
Its boring as shit... too many readings and its full of bullshit...

I'm being honest about my opinion... but in my experience it isn't really that difficult- exam is open book, umm... helps if you do the readings but god the readings are loooong and boring... lectures are stupid, the online lecture notes pretty much cover everything...

I hate the subject but am continuing next semester for reasons im not sure about...
ditto

i hate the subject. i honestly don't know how i passed. and my tutor was absolutely shit. you ask him a question and he'd be like "hmmm... well... what do you think?" and if he asks a question, you answer "i think it's a b c and d' and he goes, "ummm... maybe... but really it's d c b and a" grrr!!! so frustrating! but that's just my tutor.

i'm continuing with it only cos if i don't i won't have the credit points to do anything in second year, so i have to now do sociology for 2 years. it will be torture.

so IMO, i hate it. there is too much reading and it's all boring as bat shit. if i had the choice i would not do it again. but it's really all down the the individual, i know some people who like it, they say it's like society and culture in years 11 and 12.

personally. yuk.

korry

HSC
N/A
hmm...ok...maybe I won't choose it....

ok this will prob sound silly...but I have one more subject to choose and I wanna do something preferrable not 'difficult'..any suggestions?

HSC
i do sociology but at UWS, its good and easy as long as you can write well and understand stuff. It's really interesting imo i got a HD and D for both essays respectively and i didnt try that hard and im not too bright so its easy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)