Whats the best tutoring centre you've been to? (1 Viewer)

minisu

HSC
Uni Grad
or seen other people get grades from E- to A+

I've seen this girl with grades of E- to A+ from matrix
but matrix so bloody expensive
no money v broke
just a poor student

crowley926

HSC
Try private tutoring with uni students who just graduated hsc
They'd be a lot cheaper (usually between $25-40 per hour) than tutoring centres and you find heaps of kids from top schools with good internal ranks and HSC results offering tutoring

crowley926

HSC
So sad, no one understands what you're trying to ask.
The best tutoring I've been to for maths is Ngo and Sons. When I first started I was scared shtless to attend classes.
For science, the best I've been to is Matrix. I've also been to peak and even though they're more accelerated than matrix, they make you memorise stuff and don't always explain why something is but rather force you to just accept that it is the way it is. Matrix helps you understand "why" better.
So yeah Ngo and Sons and Matrix, never been to another maths tutor but I've seen my friend's Dr Du maths work and it doesnt seem as useful as the ngo and sons stuff
Lol I understood what she was asking for but I've never had any tutoring done so I tried to help as much as I could + esp considering she mentioned she was "v broke"

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
Private is the way to go. I currently go 1-1 with this school teacher for $25/h and its improving me heaps.

nerdz1

HSC
I've been to both Ngo and Sons and Dr Du, and I must say, Dr Du is more catered towards students at the very top end because of the challenging questions he gives on a regular basis. He teaches Harder 3U in normal 3U classes (where there are students doing only 2U + 3U).

From what I've heard, around half of the top 10 students at James Ruse in 4U are from Dr Du, if that has any significance to you.

iforgotmyname

Metallic Oxide
HSC
or seen other people get grades from E- to A+

I've seen this girl with grades of E- to A+ from matrix
but matrix so bloody expensive
no money v broke
just a poor student
Really depends on whos your teacher at matrix, went to matrix once in yr 11. Absolute horseshit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnoliatient

HSC
I've been to both Ngo and Sons and Dr Du, and I must say, Dr Du is more catered towards students at the very top end because of the challenging questions he gives on a regular basis. He teaches Harder 3U in normal 3U classes (where there are students doing only 2U + 3U).

From what I've heard, around half of the top 10 students at James Ruse in 4U are from Dr Du, if that has any significance to you.
As someone whose been to Dr Du, I've gotta say that yes, Dr Du is reknowned for the top-end students, but it actually has several classes catered towards different ability levels. While the A1 classes (which more than half of the top 10 students at Ruse go to), are taught by Dr Du, with large 30+student classes of mostly selective-school kids, the A3 classes are much smaller (maybe around 10ppl), taught by uni students (Mostly ex-dr du students) and generally skip over the more challenging questions. It also has B classes which are also small, taught by uni students, but unlike the A classes, are not accelerated, and go at school speed.

someguy10

HSC
Had Gary from Synergy Education. He's pretty good at teaching sciences. Went to him and improved heaps in year 12... Their math 3u/4u is alrite as well hearing from a friend of mine. I think the teachers name was Amir or something..

Their phys/chem notes are really good as well. I would say they are on par with matrix's if not better.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Had Gary from Synergy Education. He's pretty good at teaching sciences. Went to him and improved heaps in year 12... Their math 3u/4u is alrite as well hearing from a friend of mine. I think the teachers name was Amir or something..

Their phys/chem notes are really good as well. I would say they are on par with matrix's if not better.
He doesn't seem very well renowned like Matrix or Talent100 however he could be better (I heard both Matrix and talent 100 were shit and Matrix is only good if you have DJ)

RamenNoodles

HSC
So sad, no one understands what you're trying to ask.
The best tutoring I've been to for maths is Ngo and Sons. When I first started I was scared shtless to attend classes.
For science, the best I've been to is Matrix. I've also been to peak and even though they're more accelerated than matrix, they make you memorise stuff and don't always explain why something is but rather force you to just accept that it is the way it is. Matrix helps you understand "why" better.
So yeah Ngo and Sons and Matrix, never been to another maths tutor but I've seen my friend's Dr Du maths work and it doesnt seem as useful as the ngo and sons stuff
I'm gonna have to disagree with this guy. I'd recommend talent 100 for everything. Might be expensive but you can pay the entire thing off when ur a garbage man.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)