whats the degree of emphasis on related material (1 Viewer)

Farmerism

HSC
just wondering what teachers, or students have to say on the amount of content they should write for their related texts.. for any module

some people say that equal emphasis should be placed on all texts studied, but others say that it doesn't matter, as long as the prescribed text is well substantiated

but i dunno... id like to think that there was one answer, but as we all know, english is very subjective

_manda_87_

HSC
hey there,

amount of content...as much as needed to answer the question. When i did the hsc we were told to write our point relating to (in my case) henry lawson. The next line(s) explained the techniques used in the story to emphasise the point and the following sentence related the story to my other text.

not sure if that made sense but basically answer the question using ur related texts and examples of techniques.

the marker is looking to see that you understand the unit and know how to look at 2 seperate texts and be able to link them together, either through comparisons in the stories or the use of the same techniques.

for example. in the loaded dog, the dog is personified. if you can find another text that has a good example of personification of an animal or object, then you can use that text.

hope that helps in some way

manda

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)