What's the LOWEST course at USYD? (1 Viewer)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
When looking at the cut offs, you've got consider flexible entry scheme (you can get in 5 points below), also there are bonus points etc.

The lowest main round cut off for usyd was about mid 70s.

UWS has cut offs 50 flat, and I know they have a very generous entry scheme also if you live in UWS that drops things a bit.

That said, I have always been a massive believer in choosing your university couse first, and then investigating all the unis that offer it and weighing up which ones you can enter it at and which uni is best at your course. Unis all have courses they are stronger at, that's why there's no singular "best" university. To me, if you really wanted to do comb Law, you would go to UWS if that's the only offer your ATAR could pull. If you wanted to do medicine badly enough, you'd go to JCU and not just try UNSW etc.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Even if B Liberal Arts and Science @ USyd or other coursework at other universities has a low cut-off it does not mean it is easy. There are some students that end up dropping out of BLAS after a month.

EDIT: Oh, just noticed this is an old thread. Hehe.

Last edited:

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
...Is no one noticing that this thread is from 2010?

Sup3rDry

HSC
if you get 40 atar
you may still get accepted for comm/law at UWS

despite this very minor issue, UWS by all accounts boasts prestige
I think you don't know shit all and totally exaggerated that statement.

Heartingly

HSC
N/A
When looking at the cut offs, you've got consider flexible entry scheme (you can get in 5 points below), also there are bonus points etc.

The lowest main round cut off for usyd was about mid 70s.

UWS has cut offs 50 flat, and I know they have a very generous entry scheme also if you live in UWS that drops things a bit.

That said, I have always been a massive believer in choosing your university couse first, and then investigating all the unis that offer it and weighing up which ones you can enter it at and which uni is best at your course. Unis all have courses they are stronger at, that's why there's no singular "best" university. To me, if you really wanted to do comb Law, you would go to UWS if that's the only offer your ATAR could pull. If you wanted to do medicine badly enough, you'd go to JCU and not just try UNSW etc.
GWS you mean?

I think you don't know shit all and totally exaggerated that statement.
So blatantly sensationalized.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
This thread is 3 years old. Stop replying to stuff in it guys. Please.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)