• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

whats the most evil subject? (3 Viewers)

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
^ Yes, Chemistry has no practical application to life, or MY life anyhow. I don't need to understand how the bonding of H20 works to drink it, or how the process of oxidisation works to know that things rust when you leave them in the rain...

It's an ok subject though, easy to get marks in. Linear and logical, similar to maths, but more interesting.

English is clearly the greatest subject :p I think it's important for us to critically think about our world.. And I think it IS relevant, as we can so easily be manipulated by language if we don't understand how it works. I agree, a bit unfair that it's compulsory, bbbut I'm not really complaining, ha.
Please review this statement next time before you visit a pharmacy.

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
Please review this statement next time before you visit a pharmacy.
Please read the rest of the sentence you quoted from.

I woul be an ignorant douche to underestimate the importance that chemistry has made to the progression of health and science. I'm talking about my own existence, knowing the processes of chemistry is not relevant to my life.

I can go into a pharmacy and purchase anti-biotics and take them without knowing how they work at a molecular level.

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
Please read the rest of the sentence you quoted from.

I woul be an ignorant douche to underestimate the importance that chemistry has made to the progression of health and science. I'm talking about my own existence, knowing the processes of chemistry is not relevant to my life.

I can go into a pharmacy and purchase anti-biotics and take them without knowing how they work at a molecular level.
I did read it. I know your talking about your life, but it was an after thought. I'm curious why you didn't delete your first statement then.

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
Well, I guess I write my responses in the sequence that my thoughts arise. Which is why I don't generally delete previous parts of them...

Maybe I should edit my posts more thoroughly in future. :mad1:

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
Well, I guess I write my responses in the sequence that my thoughts arise. Which is why I don't generally delete previous parts of them...

Maybe I should edit my posts more thoroughly in future. :mad1:
Meh,

Oh your from the gong mad...wat high school? i could know u lol

DumBumm

HSC
I'd say that English is the most evil. Even tho i like it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)