Whats The Scaling LIke For IT? (1 Viewer)

jennyu

just wondering. I know its scaled down but is it a lot compared to the other subjects?

Would i still be able to get a high UAI if IT counts for me?

del

HSC
N/A
yes.... but this *really* depends on how well you do percentile wise in respect to the rest of the state doing ITV

Winston

HSC
Well it's like many subjects, because like there's a large percentage of candidates not doing well in eevry yr, it doesn't get scaled too wel, but providingly you do well yourself is already enough, getting into the band 5 and band 6 range would be really good.

Glide

hmm to be quite honest, the scaling is crap...

But its a really really really easy subject :)
For me anyway :)

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
if its easy then why soo hard for people to achieve bands 5 and 6s

Winston

HSC
The primary reason IT sucks, is because of the admin work we have to do in the exam, pffft write letters and memos, jack all relation to Computing, it's a gay subject with adding these admin work, since i will never step into that crap in my life, most people who do it like myself are good in all the computing side, but suck at the memos etc...

chris42

HSC
Yeah I'd have to agree with you Winston, IT includes all this stuff your never going to use in the workplace, and it's that stuff that tends to make up a large proprtion of the marks in the exam.

Andrew_Blackwel

I Teach this subject
HSC
N/A
As I said in a recent thread. An perfect world would be to get u guys to sit the exam online. Say 180 multiple choice in 3 hours. Just like the MCSE or NOVELL exams and I think CISCO does the same but dont quote me.

chris42

HSC
Yeah, I wouldn't mind doing that, I did an competition at Macquaire uni a few years back which was like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)