• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

what's the time for applying internal transfer? (1 Viewer)

johnluo

HSC
:mad: I dont know when and where should I apply for internal transfer. And i think i just miss out the deadline of applying for 1st semeter. So can i do it in the mid year as well? BY the way, this is my second year. Anyone who kowns pleas tell me, thank you.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
think transfer forms should be in already... tho doesn't matter.. just do the units the double degree would be.. and transfer after midyear results are released or something.

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
yeah you gotta wait for mid year results...

what you trasnferring into and fromw hat?

johnluo

HSC
I want transfer from Actuarial into combine degree with finance. But the is a extra elective course for combine degree, so what should I do? And how to chose the extra elective one? Hope you can give me some advise.Thank you for your reply

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
there are few threads around.

best thing to do is ask an academic advisor (now I sound like the Macq BB - phone this departm, etc. =p).

best idea is to plan out your degree program assuming you'll transfer successfully. then match the prereqs you need with the 100 or 200 level units.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Yeah usually they have the first week you can transfer i think they had that lat year as well.

And program of study changes run into april ithink or late march

johnluo

HSC
Yeah, the website says that I also can do it in the first week of first semester, but the letter says the last day is 7 JAN. And when I got the letter, it is already 15 JAN. I am in china right now, so I write them a email. But I haven't got reply yet. Do u think they will check the email?
Flyin' , did u sold ur text book? I want buy stat271, 272 and econ 201.

Last edited:

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
I haven't sold item 2, yet. If the person doesn't reply before the early next week (say, next Tuesday), I can sell them to you.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
johnluo said:
Yeah, the website says that I also can do it in the first week of first semester, but the letter says the last day is 7 JAN. And when I got the letter, it is already 15 JAN. I am in china right now, so I write them a email. But I haven't got reply yet. Do u think they will check the email?
Flyin' , did u sold ur text book? I want buy stat271, 272 and econ 201.
Jan 7 is the first lot, thats to beging the academic year actually enrolled in that course already, whereas the other o-week transfer is for being enrolled in another then transferring, AFTER the start of the academic year.

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
ok so let me get this straight..

there is another sessions for internal transfers?!?
*please say yes*

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
When is the policy available?

The policy is available to students on three occasions throughout the academic year. Students should note the dates marked on the degree transfer policy as no late applications are accepted in any circumstance.

The policy is available as follows:

* Late December (after examination results have been released) - Early January for changes to occur before enrolling in the new academic year
* During the first week of classes in Semester 1
* After the Semester 1 examination results have been published until the end of the first week of classes in Semester 2.

For semester 2, 2004 the dates are Wednesday 21 July - Friday 6 August 2004

As a successful degree transfer means an amendments to your HECS details or International Tuition Fees as changes must be finalised before the HECS Census Dates in each Semester.
Sorry was helping out a friend who wants to get into MQ would have posted this earlier but you know.

http://www.reg.mq.edu.au/Undergrad/UGStudents/XDegree/transfer_degree.htm#Availability

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
k thanks for that....

if i transfer during first semester, would i be PRE 2005 or POST 2005?

i'm not sure if it matters but is there a real difference considering MQ chose not to increase HECS?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The only difference i can see, is that you aren't enrolled at the start of the year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)