What's wrong with me...? Am I just jealous? (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I know the answer to this myself; but sometimes I find myself pondering it.

I'm not even sure how to word it.. but it led me to do a lot of thinking.

There's a guy I know, and he got a new Integra Type S.
I'm thinking I'm jealous... but it goes much deeper than that.

He's the kindof guy.. who just got his P plates (he's a stereotypical 17 year old driver), is too cool for school, and brags about the fact that when he got his license the first thing he did was speed at 140km/h or something... and then his rents buy him a sports car.

I'm not sure why, but even before he got it- I thought he was.. ugh.
But now, I just think he's double-ugh.

This is the way he messages me; he says to me "Hey jeff. U know how u have a Honda Civic? Well I just got a Honda Integra Type S."...
... and I'm not sure what it was about that, but it made me go "ugh" at him.
I'm not sure if it's jealousy/envy... but I can't think of any other way to explain it. But I'm reasonably content with everything in my world so what is the fuel for this emotion?

Am I jealous that his parents are able to spoil him even though he is such a fool- the kind who will do stupid things and risk other peoples' lives? Or am I just bitter that I actually go to work and study hard at uni, and get my Civic keyed- and he coasts around year11 (assuming he goes to school) in a new sports car his parents paid for?

I know that technically I'm in a similar position to him- so is this some kind of rivalry or is it something else? Any ideas?

For what it's worth, I thought he was a bit of a jerk beforehand- and well, nothing much has changed.

Skill over Dril

HSC
Well...is it jealous of small child in say africa to want to be able to eat food like you....

stop crying, grow up, mature

SlipStream

HSC
Jeff, what you're feeling is perfectly natural.

The guy didn't have to work for his car. So he takes it for granted.

And the painful part is that he doesn't realise how lucky he is to have such a car.

I think maybe you feel angry if anything, because he doesn't deserve it. He'll wash it with dishwashing liquid. Take it to redline when it's stone cold. And end up scraping the rims when he parks. And dismiss it all with a shrug of the shoulders.

If I were you, I wouldn't let it bother me. Ignore him, if anything. Sleep easy with the knowledge that at least you earned your car - value disregarded. He didn't.

Last edited:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
SlipStream said:
If I were you, I wouldn't let it bother me. Ignore him, if anything. Sleep easy with the knowledge that at least you earned your car - value disregarded. He didn't.
Thanks for the advice, but I'm a hypocrite- technically my parents paid for my car (it was a promised reward for HSC though). Sure I pay for the stuff I add to it, and I give my Mum "pocket money" from my salary, but technically I'm still no better than him.

I just can't help but think he's ... one of those people who has money to blow, and ends up spending irrationally. Hasn't even reached first service (1000km) and he sent his car to a mechanic to get a sound system installed. No comment really.

Pace_T

HSC
how do u know that he wont pay his parents back?? maybe ur just jealous that he got a car that u may have wanted over the car u have now?? instead of just being jealous of him getting a brand new car when u dont think he deserved it, maybe ur jealous that he got a car u really wanted in the first place instead of waht u got now. just a suggestion

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Pace_T said:
how do u know that he wont pay his parents back?? maybe ur just jealous that he got a car that u may have wanted over the car u have now?? instead of just being jealous of him getting a brand new car when u dont think he deserved it, maybe ur jealous that he got a car u really wanted in the first place instead of waht u got now. just a suggestion
I don't even think he has a job or any intention of a job... so I've made that assumption- also based on his character.

I'm wondering about what you said- but I'm pretty sure it's not that. It's a hot car I admit, but it's not something which bugs me. I'm not sure why but things like him bragging about the fact he speeds alot and does stupid things on the road irritate me. My new thought on this is- maybe I think of him as a dickhead who is acting irresponsibly- and his parents don't realise this? *shrugs*

Pace_T

HSC
haha well then buddy just wait until he gets a major scratch on it (keying doesnt count) or crashes it completely and then hopefully his parents will realise. slipstream not all ppl who have a car like that bought for them are more careless than if they earnt it themselves. look at seremify for example. me too (later im paying it back hopefully!) the generalisation would be 100% right but im just pointing it out
thanks!

bizadfar

HSC
Get over it mate! ALot of people have awesome cars around the area (same age on their Ps) Wht did i drive? A toyota fucking starlet. I did 110-130km/h daily(not just straights:)) in that thing on shot cheapo baldy tyres. It's all about driving and enjoying yourSELF in your car. Want more? Go take a kart/car around a track. If anything, the driver should be most important. Build yourself as a driver, and i bet you can get 2x more out of that Type Shit.

Not convinced? Well.. he KEYED your car. Go key his:) (joking, you shouldn't do this, the power of ignorance is the greatest thing u should grasp)

Last edited:

gna

HSC
Don't worry. Because his parents bought it for him. Mature people know he didn't work for it and wouldn't be impressed, where as if he was 18 and saved up for the that's another matter.

Unless you and your rival like to pick up high school teenyboppers.

Don't worry, if anything, tell him to race me, i'll flog the spoilt fuck. :p

edit: great more fucktards driving Honda's...sigh..

Jiga

Personally I think you sound like a textbook spoilt brat, you didnt even pay for your BRAND NEW CAR so be grateful and shut up... and I also find this quite sad in light of current world events, people who have nothing dying on a daily basis while you are whinging that some other spoilt child has a better car then you. In your defence, it sounds like your just trying to keep up with the Jones' (albeit on a new scale of rich vs rich) which is natural but ffs you have a new car!

And at the end of the day its your own fault because for $30k you could have easily bought a second hand 'sportscar' with relatively low kms.

EDIT:

And I dont even rate the Integra either btw. Whats so good about them? They aernt overly fast, 0-100km/h in 8 secs.... my shitty V6 Camry can do that! For the price he would have paid, there are so many betters car he could have got.

Last edited by a moderator:

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
It's just life, mate. There is always going to be somebody better off, somebody who 'got it easier'. Dwelling on these things is pointless. I've talked to people in the US who scored brand new M3s (E46) and M5s (E39) as their first cars. Free ride thanks to daddy.
On the flip side, there is always going to be somebody worse off - which in your case would be the majority.

Don't brood on this, you're just wasting your energy.

supercharged

HSC
N/A
Schoolies_2004 said:
And at the end of the day its your own fault because for $30k you could have easily bought a second hand 'sportscar' with relatively low kms.

EDIT:

And I dont even rate the Integra either btw. Whats so good about them? They aernt overly fast, 0-100km/h in 8 secs.... my shitty V6 Camry can do that! For the price he would have paid, there are so many betters car he could have got.
E-----xactly, If you wanted a performance car, then for the same money you could of easily bought a 2nd hand S15 Silvia or WRX, which make his Integra Type S look like the torqueless FWD contraption it is. Can't even drift properly with FWD, how sad. :mad1:

Heck just tell that outlaw his hardcore 'sportscar' has no hope in hell of outrunning fat-ass police highway patrol cars (Commodore SS or XR6 Turbos), love to see the look on his face then! :rofl:

gna

HSC
STFU you tool.

You know nothing about Integra's. May i ask what do you drive?

Pace_T

HSC
gna said:
STFU you tool.

lemme guess u drive an integra?? lol

who cares if it cant drift or whatever not like as if ppl ur age do it enough for it to be a bit factor when deciding on what car to buy. let alone the amount of ppl who would even consider doing a drift. theres many other factors to include when determining whether the integra type s is good or not. but 1 thing is for certain, it's better than the civic at least :p

gna

HSC
Yes i do...and that dickhead who drives a Camry saying it does 0-100km in 8 seconds is a tool. fucking idiot. He can't even afford the cars he talks about and speaks like he has experience. He belongs at Toolshed.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
you know what? my close femal friend has a dad who is going to get her a beemer for her 21st in november because he can. she doesn't even have a license because her boyfriend drives her around all the time so she stopped practising. i was hoping she'd get the excellent 130i but is instead settling for the 120i.
another friend COULD have gotten a beemer but thought they were lebbish and she wasn't that confident with her driving and ended up with an Integra VTi.

am i jealous? no. i just want a car, i'd settle for a Yaris sedan and be proud of it. get over it mate, you have a Civic, and my family has to share one Camry.

supercharged

HSC
N/A
gna said:
STFU you tool.

LOL at Integra fanboi^

Myself, soon to be a Skyline

gna

HSC
I acutally own a Integra and coming from someone who has probably never personally driven one and bagging it out..is quite sad, yet they don't have a sports car of their own..fucking keyboard warrior.

LOL SOON TO BE HAHAHAH BAHAHAHAHA FUCKING TOOL. Come talk to me when you drive it fool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)