What's your age? HSC people (1 Viewer)

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i turned 17 2 days before my trials, which started on august 1st ;)

i didnt skip a year, i just went through the normal process

though i do know of someone who is 16 not turning 17 until next january, doing the hsc this year as well.

HSC
18 in september... sucked in to all those going to schoolies underage.... watch for the coppers up there... i hear they will get you if your 17 yrs 364 days...

jessied

HSC
im 17.. 18 in march... what ever happened to the 'policy' of having to turn 5 before the may or something the year that you started school?? but then i suppose people skip years... without being too critical how old do you reckon people should be during year 12? fair enough if your exceptionally smart but how benefical is it going to be for you being 16 in year 12 with alot of your friends turning 18, also theres the maturity issue aswell... just a thought...

laurel18

Keep smiling Ü
HSC
eafj90 said:
im 15 turning 16 next may
A very smart girl...you're the youngest I've ever come across ^_^

Hahaha...look at everyone...mostly everyone is proud of their age! :)

laurel18

Keep smiling Ü
HSC
jessied said:
im 17.. 18 in march... what ever happened to the 'policy' of having to turn 5 before the may or something the year that you started school?? but then i suppose people skip years... without being too critical how old do you reckon people should be during year 12? fair enough if your exceptionally smart but how benefical is it going to be for you being 16 in year 12 with alot of your friends turning 18, also theres the maturity issue aswell... just a thought...
I've studied overseas...so thats why I'm a year earlier...

Some 15 year olds are quite mature though... :p

psst...(Like Emily)

karen88

Radioactive Queen
HSC
white_spazzy said:
17, turning 18 on the 17th Nov....MY FORMAL!!!
really? u have ur formal afta the hsc.... i have mine in like september...

turned 17 in march

jessied

HSC
laurel18 said:
I've studied overseas...so thats why I'm a year earlier...

Some 15 year olds are quite mature though... :p

psst...(Like Emily)
oh ok... im just curious as to why people are so young doing the hsc... she seems exceptionally young..

hmmm without being critical, and i know not every1's the same... but when i finish school ill more than likely go to uni straight after so because i dont live in the city ill have to move to brisbane or sydney, now for me being 17 moving like 5 hours away from my family is pretty huge. it would probably be a different story if i was younger.. for this reason (being a country kid), i just dont see why people just dont stay in the year that they're "supposed" to be in. you're with people the same age as you, who usually have the same interests... i just dont really see the point in skipping years, or starting school when your exceptionally young...

feel free to argue against what ive said... im interested in what others think about this..

roadcone

HSC
i totally agree.. i turned 18 last weekend and i personally would not like to be young (my parents were going to send me the year early, making me quite young). i do recognise that some people are that clever that they can handle being accelerated but i am not specifically sure there is that much benefit to be gained from it.

laurel18

Keep smiling Ü
HSC
well, it's good in a way to be young so that you can start work earlier...or even take a year off after year 12 and still come back and then join with the rest in uni whilst they have come straight from school...

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
many people are underage....i'd say about 20-25% at my school.....

roadcone

HSC
i was personally referring to underage as like not turning 17 until after july 30 next year

jessied

HSC
yeah thats what i believe is underage too... im the 4th youngest in my year of 60 and my b'day is mid march... im having a sook cos i wont be 18 for the end of school, the end of the HSC, schoolies, the christmas holidays, new years, O week at uni and practically all of my friends 18ths... but on the bright side, at least going out cant distract me from studying...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)