What's your critical response about? (1 Viewer)

divalux

HSC
-Nox- said:
The Villain, Hero and Anti-Hero, the effect of society on characterisation in modern texts.......It sounds so wonderfully bullshitty....
YIKES! Sounds like my original concept.
Except mine has kinda evolved to explore the vampire figure in terms of contextual evolution and archetypal theory ... its wanky ... and long ... i ended up going over the word lim. so i had to cut back on my ref. statement which SUCKED!

amisha_amisha

I'm a Title now?
HSC
Omg, you guys are so intellctual! your ideas are brilliant!
I'm in year 10 and don't have to worry about EE2, but my sister does, and she has no idea what to do and is stressing out, and its only week 2! lol

yunhra

HSC
wow. so many great ideas. im in yr 11 but i have to hand in my proposal in wk7 so i have a bit of time. i was thinking along the lines of how postmodernism is the new version of western cultural imperialism and then maybe compare films/novels or something (dont know yet) of different times periods. or i could totally scrap that idea and do something controversial on religion. any ideas?? :S

Beaversss

HSC
I have no idea what i want to do for my critical response this year. i am leaving for germany in 3 weeks to go on student exchange and i am hoping to incorporate something german into my response as i will have many german resources whilst on exchange for 2 months. can anyone offer any advice regarding an area of critical analysis relating to germany?

Hallatia

HSC
I've alreadyput a lot of thought into mine, nothing's solid but I'm really involved in my ideas, I'm doing something on morals

slinkysezzy

HSC
Hey! That sounds awesome! I'd lurrrrrrvvvvvveeeeee to read that!

Mine's:

A Study of The New Testament as a persuasive text.

jlnWind

HSC
ybnormal: oh hell yeh i HATE 2u ENGLISH WORST SYLLABUS IN THE WORLD.. i mean wtf is imaginary journey anyways, i swear coleridge is more inner journey than imaginary -_- load of cobswallop

slinkysezzy: try not to demonize it :D but sounds interesting

me? im doing mine on futuristic dystopias like 1984, brave new world and what they tell us abut being human

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH DYSTOPIA THIS YEAR??

It's all over BOS like a bad rash. Then again, i'm doing it too... :p

kirby27

HSC
My critical response is on the portrayal of the fallen woman.. in particular, I'm looking at:
a) the adultress in Nathaniel Hawthorne's Scarlet Letter - American Influence b)the adultress in Tess of the d'Urbervilles - English Influence.
c) I'm then comparing the two of these to a contempory portrayal of the fallen woman - Desperate Housewives

Chicken-legger

HSC
Haha you guys are all doing really good topics... I'm jealous. For me it's the language of discrimination in musicals.
discrimination was the best way i could think oflinking to the english syllabus.. speeches and all. im loving it though... i get to watch HEAPS of musicals.. best topic in the world... I'm also a music student.. can you tell? lol

jimmayyy

HSC
Z_Nizzle said:
"the sexual revolution is what created class division"
i hope you are arguing the negative.

or, if the affirmative, i salute you brave sir/miss

Kaleah

HSC
I'm just going to write my response and then make up a question, and pretend that I had it all along. . .

Cheap Thrills

HSC
Hi guys, I'm thinking of doing EE2 for year 12 and I was wondering what anyone thought of my idea. I want to look at representations of Islam. I thought of using the Quran, a short film called Submission and an episode of American Dad which is set in Arabia. Any thoughts?
I'm also considering intertextuality in modern cartoon. Pop culture references in things like Family Guy and The Simpsons. Any thoughts on that one??

Last edited:
HSC
well, you can write between 5000-6000 words including the Reflection Statement. For more details, check out the board of studies =)

Sad Statue

Banned
HSC
Caitlink91 said:
I'm not in year 12 yet, but I was wondering how long the critical response had to be (words) and what were the specific guidlines?
Thanks
There's a real Board of Studies for a reason. They make the *insert plural of syllabus here* of everything.

Cheap Thrills

HSC
So I think some '08ers should start posting here. I'll start. I've been speaking to my teacher, and I've decided to look at Aboriginal identity in popular culture. Incorporate a bit of postcolonialism and stuff. I'm gonna use 'Black Tears" by Powderfinger, and find some other texts too. But that may change by the sounds of things. Everyone seems to say that it changes a little bit at least.
So any other 08er ideas?

kewlu

Banned
HSC
Cheap Thrills said:
So I think some '08ers should start posting here. I'll start. I've been speaking to my teacher, and I've decided to look at Aboriginal identity in popular culture. Incorporate a bit of postcolonialism and stuff. I'm gonna use 'Black Tears" by Powderfinger, and find some other texts too. But that may change by the sounds of things. Everyone seems to say that it changes a little bit at least.
So any other 08er ideas?
That'll be good, but yuck. Don't you think you've done enough on Aboriginals all the way through your last 12 years of school?

Cheap Thrills

HSC
We haven't really done that much. A bit in years 9 and 10, and I enjoyed it. Personal preference i guess.

kewlu

Banned
HSC
Fair enough. I wish you good luck.

Criticals are awesome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)