When are notifications sent for Showcase nominees? (1 Viewer)

morning storm

HSC
so what's the requirements for a work to be nominated?

is it just if it gets 48+/50, or what?

Zephyrio

HSC
Works that get in are 50/50.

(However, since not all of these students may have been ranked first, their overall HSC mark might be lower.)

EDIT: I didn't read your post properly, morning storm. I don't know what the requirements are to be nominated.

Zephyrio

HSC
nirvanafreak02 said:
my teacher said it's only the really 'clean' works that get in
so i'd say with the "aids fuckers" and 1million references to anal sex that my work most definitely won't be getting in...
but it would be great if someone from here/my school got in
Lol yeah, only "clean" works get in.

Alex Borowsky, who topped the state in extension two last year wasn't even feateured in the showcase. I think her short stories had something to do with Kings Cross, so it may have been too seedy (i.e. realistic) to be included.

Tbh a lot of the showcase works I read are just pieces of Pomo-wank but you know... that's what they like. (It'd be good if I was shortlisted though, since, well, it'd be nice, even if it is considered pomo-wank by 09'ers. XD)

Hysterik

HSC
Zephyrio said:
Tbh a lot of the showcase works I read are just pieces of Pomo-wank but you know... that's what they like. (It'd be good if I was shortlisted though, since, well, it'd be nice, even if it is considered pomo-wank by 09'ers. XD)
Pomo wank you say? Why, that's my entire major work right thar. Score.

(never mind the fact that mine is very badly written pomo wank that completely tapers off at the end...)

We may know by next week, guys!

Zephyrio

HSC
Fingers crossed guys.

P.S. Hysterik, your work's probably not as bad as you say. How did you get away with not showing your teacher your progress throughout the year (if you really did finish your major work in the last three weeks)? Maybe you just felt as if you did it all in the last three weeks and to be honest, most of us do. Well, me anyway.

Hysterik

HSC
Zephyrio said:
Fingers crossed guys.

P.S. Hysterik, your work's probably not as bad as you say. How did you get away with not showing your teacher your progress throughout the year (if you really did finish your major work in the last three weeks)? Maybe you just felt as if you did it all in the last three weeks and to be honest, most of us do. Well, me anyway.
The problem was that my teacher loved me, so she just assumed I was working on it consistently throughout the year. In Term 1 I handed about a quarter of it in and just kept re editing it as she gave me feedback. I didn't write the rest until the last three weeks, a good six thousand words + reflection statement. Le sigh.

Well, at least the first part will be kick-arse. Let's hope they just read the first bit, there's a power cut and they can't read the rest. Stamp a 48 on it and be on their way.

Fingers crossed, yep! One of us should get nominated, a few were last year. :)

Debbo

HSC
Lol!

Did anyone else get the letter from BOS today about assessment rank orders, and get really excited??

mel0dyy

HSC
zomg yes, deborah! i didn't realise it was a BOS letter until ages later, and i got really excited and tore it open and it was like "Yo bitch, pin for your UAI business" and i was like ):

Hysterik

HSC
My mother assumed it was a Showcase letter, and ran at me with it all excited. Lol, what a let down.

kthxbambi

HSC
haha YES i like felt the adrenalin and i was SO dissapointed
but then i got to my next letter and it was a birthday card from an old friend so it ALMOST made up for the shaky post-adrenalin feeling

poooo!!

kelsey91

HSC
HAHAHA I thought I was the only one that got all excited and it was about my PIN.:hammer:

Hysterik

HSC
So when are the letters sent? I can't handle the suspense any longer! :uhoh:

Zephyrio

HSC
I'm such a loser. When the mailman came, I quickly rushed out to get the letters.

I only got some USYD one today.

snowconesyum

HSC
yes i'll own up to it ;) me too.
or more like realised mum had picked up the mail when i drove in and shouted IS THERE ANY MAIL FOR ME??
haha ah well, such an irrational wish but hey. i just want to know for certain, so the minute someone gets a letter they have to say so, ok?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Zephyrio said:
I'm such a loser. When the mailman came, I quickly rushed out to get the letters.

I only got some USYD one today.
You got in? I mean, does that mean you got 50?

HSC
lyounamu said:
You got in? I mean, does that mean you got 50?
It was a postcard from USyd. Congrats on your hard work blah blah uni spam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)