When Are We Going To Get Our Own Resources Section?? (merged) (1 Viewer)

ckashie

Why aren't there French notes avalaible on this site?

if there are feel free to correct me :cry:

i mean there is a section for HEBREW but not french :eh:

i really want some for french extension.

sorry just needed to rant :mad:

kini mini

HSC
Notes are only available if people contribute them. All my notes were handwritten in quite disgusting handwriting so I doubt they'd be much use to anybody.

For extension, I remember my class looked at material on film technique and analysis and asked our English teachers for a bit of help as well. Having a lot of relevant material on social conditions etc will likely be of more assisatnce than notes. In languages and other subjects, the making of the notes is far more beneficial than the notes alone...

omg_a

HSC
i know, i've been wondering the same thing myself. I guess the only way is to post them yourself, but i don't type any of my french notes coz it's such a pain with the accents etc. but for french ext, i guess even notes in english can help. argh!! only a week and a half till the orals!!

malkin86

HSC
French Extension is not this weekend but the next - c'est cela simple, don't worry angel. :)

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
notes only get put up if people give them in... i've been meaning to type some up since i left hsc but have never gotten around to it :( But if people give them in they can be put up.

jonojet

Significant Other
HSC
When Are We Going To Get Our Own Resources Section??

Hey everyone, I'm just wondering, has anyone else asked about a new section for French under LOTE (Languages OTher Than English)? If everyone else can submit notes and resources, why can't we!? I've tried emailing administration... anyone got any suggestions?

chepas

HSC
Hi jonojet,

Yes, I've noticed that there is no French resource section on the main BOS page too. One of the main reasons that there is no French resources section is that no-one, up until now, has submitted any so there is not much to view! I should have done some a long time ago, (and apologise for my laziness and preoccupation!), but hopefully I will submit some when I will have time to myself these holidays. Admittedly, the focus for some time was to get up resources for the new English Area of Study "Journeys" as it was a completely new unit, the most asked-after and there was not much to go around. But hopefully this will change to French being in existance soon.

So I am lobbying (to the admins) for a French section to be created in the resources section of LOTE.

Anyone can submit notes to the site, as you mention. They can either be submitted to that link on the site or you can send them directly to me via PM or email, and I can process them for you.

In the interim if people have stuff they'd like to submit/share, if you would like send them to me and I could post them up on my French resources site. (http://www.angelfire.com/ab8/chepas/frcont2004/ohstrial.html)

Thanks for bringing that to my attention,
chepas :D.

chepas

HSC
Lol.

Just because this is the French forum though doesn't mean that we can strike and make mayhem like the French ;).

Mmm. J'en ai fait des commentaires dans le modland et il n'y a toujours pas de réponse. Attendons les vacances de juillet.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
We will get to the HSC oral exam and refuse to speak french :D
Examiner: Bonjour, ca va?
Melsc - erm....Good
Examiner - Il faut parler francais!
Melsc - I don't want to
Examiner - Pourquoi? Tu es nerveux?
Melsc - No, you see, the bOREd of studies refused to give us a resource section...so thus we are on strike
Examiner - euh....

haack_m

HSC
i have recentaly posted a thread offering my typed french notes, have a look for it

Lileane

HSC
melsc said:
We will get to the HSC oral exam and refuse to speak french :D
Examiner: Bonjour, ca va?
Melsc - erm....Good
Examiner - Il faut parler francais!
Melsc - I don't want to
Examiner - Pourquoi? Tu es nerveux?
Melsc - No, you see, the bOREd of studies refused to give us a resource section...so thus we are on strike
Examiner - euh....
Hehe, although I don't think that would bode too well with the examiners, nor our marks either! Aaand we probably still wouldn't have a resource page.

So, it seems as if the forum is rather dead for us 2005ers, comme c'est triste...je commence * fondre dans la solitude.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)