when can i go for my full licence? (1 Viewer)

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
ok i'm really bad with dates and months and stuff...
the expiry on my current licence (green P's) is 22 June 2006... when am i eligible to go for blacks? (i know its 2 years on green p's but i can't remember exactly when i got them and hence when i can go for my full licence)

thanks

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Don't know for certain but don't the RTA send you a letter when your eligible to go for the next stage in your since after your P's? I am sure there is some official way to know, you could take a trip down to your local RTA and ask?

SlipStream

HSC
You must have your greens for a minimum of 24 months but they expire after 30 months. So if your greens expire on the 22 June then you should be eligible for your full license on January 22 (I'm pretty sure). :)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Kid.@dmin said:
Don't know for certain but don't the RTA send you a letter when your eligible to go for the next stage in your since after your P's? I am sure there is some official way to know, you could take a trip down to your local RTA and ask?
No, they don't (in reference to them sending you a letter). However, yes, if you make a trip to the RTA, then you can find out quite easily.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Your eligble to get your blacks 6 months before your greens expire, so 22 Jan. If you're still unsure, just go ask the RTA, it'll take 5 minutes.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
Raiks said:
Your eligble to get your blacks 6 months before your greens expire, so 22 Jan. If you're still unsure, just go ask the RTA, it'll take 5 minutes.
*scoff* YEAH RIGHT! what RTA are you going to?!?!?! at Narellan, you wait at the end of the line (out the door and into the carpark) to ask a simple question. after waiting half a day to have your turn, the RTA staff have NO IDEA about any of your questions.

clive

evilc
HSC
N/A
the RTA sends you a letter a month before your greens expire ( i got the letter on about 15th december and they expire on the 15th of jan)

Waddo

Pundit
HSC
SlipStream said:
You must have your greens for a minimum of 24 months but they expire after 30 months. So if your greens expire on the 22 June then you should be eligible for your full license on January 22 (I'm pretty sure). :)
You should eligible for your licence on the 22nd of December as this is 6 months before you licence expires. It's a simple mistake to make but January (1st month) is 5 months before June (6th month), not 6 months, i.e. 6-1=5, so that's 5 months.

SlipStream

HSC
Waddo said:
You should eligible for your licence on the 22nd of December as this is 6 months before you licence expires. It's a simple mistake to make but January (1st month) is 5 months before June (6th month), not 6 months, i.e. 6-1=5, so that's 5 months.
Ahh yeh, I see what you mean. Thanks for that buddy. :)

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
Waddo said:
yeah that's what i was thinking.... although i never got a letter (like clive)
might ring them up and make sure before i go down there...
how hard is the test? should i read the book first (i'll just download it off the website)?

thanks for your help

EDIT: just rang the RTA and they said i've met the 2 years - so must be Dec 22..

Last edited:

Riviet

HSC
N/A
natstar said:
Just a question: Is the RTA open on weekends? Becuase I'm eligible for my Blacks on the 18th Feb, but its a Sat, and I move back to Sydney on the 20th, and I want them before I go back so I can drive 110 "legally" lol. Otherwise I'm going to have to do them in Sydney
Yeah they are, but usually very busy and tests are usually booked out within the week, so you should book as soon as possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)