When Do We Drop and Pick Up Subjects? (1 Viewer)

taxman

make poverty
HSC
OK, it's holidays now and Year 12 is excruciatingly close...the thing I wannna know is, when do we get the forms or whatever it is that you get where we write down what subjects we want to keep/drop/pickup?

I'm worried about missing out on Extension 2 as my school has been fucking me about and I'm also a tad worried about getting stuck with IPT...which is something I REALLY do not want to do.

So, anybody know when we get to drop subjects? I realise I have an extra term of IPT to have to put up with, but when do we actually get the chance to drop subjects and pick up extensions?

Thanks in advance.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
well at my school its something like week 5... i dunno.. we havent got the full details yet either.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
My school did that 6 weeks ago and we were given details about it at the start of last term

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i think we attend classes as per normal in our first week of lessons. tehn in the second wek we go to our new classes. ie extensions. but we have ABW in the girst week. therefore we start in week 3.

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
we did the add and drop subject forms at the end of last term. i personaly didnt fill one out as i wanted to wait and see my results from the prelim exams.

i think i should have dropped my subject i want 2 drop last term though as it is easier ( you just write it on a piece of paper) to drop next term i am going to need teachers to sign .... about 3 of them ...

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
we did ABW in yr 10...dont be a general manager (pulls out hair)

It depends on ur skool... my skool gave us the forms in weeks 9-10 and they have to b in by end week 1 then we stop attending dropped classes and start yr 12 work in week 2

DONT worry abt missing out coz i am sure everyone in ur skool is in the same situation! U skool probably does it later so u dun slack off in the subjects u r going to drop

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
yep... i heard it was in like week 2 also..
the first week is probably reserved for receiving back our long awaited exam results.

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
yeah even though ppl have "dropped" subjects i think they still need to get their exam results back .. just to see

HSC
i don't know what we're doing for week 1-probably discussing exam results, but i definitely know that the deadline for dropping/picking up subjects is definitely week 2.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Well my school started y12 lessons week 6 term 3, and you didnt have to attend dropped classes then

belly_moo

burgur 'o5
HSC
yeah my grade hasn't dropped any subs or picked anything up yet. i've been told that we start year 12 work and stop attending the subjects we drop around week3? bummer..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)