when do we get our pips back? (1 Viewer)

midnight_rain

sorry if this has been asked before but does anyone know roughly when they usually notify students who get Ds and HDs? not that i'd ever get one but i'm just curious...
thanks.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
midnight_rain said:
sorry if this has been asked before but does anyone know roughly when they usually notify students who get Ds and HDs? not that i'd ever get one but i'm just curious...
thanks.
At the end of term three. You will get a letter for Board of Studies which inform you the time and place to receive your award and prizes. Only HD students can notice I think. There are HD and HD with associated prizes. Around 30 students get HD and in that 30, 8 or 9 will receive a prize.

mishka

HSC
N/A
so we get them back before the end of this term???!!! really??!! i didn't think they'd be that efficient!! :p

mishka

HSC
N/A
don't worry - i won't be getting one either... :eek:

mishka

HSC
N/A
last week of term 3 and still no letter (hahahaha!!!! :p) jks

but i thought we'd have the PIPs back by now....

Sickle

Hello Sunshine
HSC
Well considering about 3300 ppl do S&c this year I'll be surprised if I don't get one :) .... heheh... heh... hmmmmm ... yeah i won't get one... :( oh well, i don't like society anyway.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
You people are desparate for that letter aren't you? lol
In order to get a letter, you have to get 30/30 first, then from those people who got 30/30, they put them all on the table with judges (teachers) and re-read them. They then pick out the best 30 PIPs and give them a HD. Them pick out around 7 from those 30 again for a prize. Sooooo goodluck! lol
There is one prize for each categories of topic of PIPs:
The Popular Culture Prize
The Gender Prize
The Legal Prize
The Studies of Asia Prize
The Civic and Citizenship Prize
The Reconciliation Prize

beLLe!~ ^__*

hey guyz....

soo does that mean that all the people who got D's and HD's would have gotten their letters already?? did anyone receive a letter? what mark do you need to get a D? what happens to everyone else's PIPs then? when do we get them back?

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
All the PIPs will be sent to your teacher, you have to ask them, or simply pick them up when your exam period is on.

Sickle

Hello Sunshine
HSC
nessie_lee said:
yeah! we should so have a huge bonfire where we can throw ours in and rejoice! hehe.. lol
Lol my class has been planning that moment since the beginning of the year... hehheh

mishka

HSC
N/A
and if we don't get a D or HD, we never find out what our PIP got, do we?? don't they send a little report about each one or something?? that's what i've heard anyways...:)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
mishka said:
and if we don't get a D or HD, we never find out what our PIP got, do we?? don't they send a little report about each one or something?? that's what i've heard anyways...:)
You don't get anything back except your PIP (in untouched condition).
You don't get your mark back, but you do get your combined PIP and exam mark at the end. You don't get any feeback from the marker.

mishka

HSC
N/A
bummer.... sorry, but doesn't it seem a waste of time then?? however, the up-side to it all is that our exam is not so long and *only* worth 70% of the externals....:)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
That's correct, the PIP took 30% away from the weighting of the Exam. The reason they don't give you the mark and feedback of the PIP was because the markers don't want to discourage people before the exams with a "bad" PIP mark, especially those who have put a lot of effort into it and found out they didn't get the marks that they wanted.

mishka

HSC
N/A
ok, fair enough... at least it takes some pressure off the exam!! :) thanks survivor!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)