When to go to the gym (1 Viewer)

lorddoan

HSC
N/A
Okay, so i'm in the 10th grade and i just turned 15 a couple months ago which makes me the youngest in my grade. Where ever i look everyone is bigger than me because they go to the gym or they're just big boned. I wanted to go to the gym a long time ago but i've recently done some research about the gym. I came across a website that says i'll stunt my growth if i go to the gym 'too early'. I am 1.79cm tall, i still want to grow but at the same time i want to be buff/big. What should i do? When should i start going to the gym? And is it true that i'll stunt (stop growing) my growth?

Thanks.

lorddoan

HSC
N/A
No, i'm not. I'm average, i weigh about 75kg and i'm 180cm

INADIKAP95

HSC
N/A
No, i'm not. I'm average, i weigh about 75kg and i'm 180cm
180 cm isn't average height for a 15 year old lol. Nor is 75kg. (170cm and 56kg is the average for a 15year old). You're tall for a full grown man even. You must be towering above your peers (if you measured your height correctly).

Last edited:

EthanHuntz

HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Hi I advice you that you go the gym instantly and start worked out properly..When you start worked out then you must start whey protein during the gym to get more accurate result and body shape.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Okay, so i'm in the 10th grade and i just turned 15 a couple months ago which makes me the youngest in my grade. Where ever i look everyone is bigger than me because they go to the gym or they're just big boned. I wanted to go to the gym a long time ago but i've recently done some research about the gym. I came across a website that says i'll stunt my growth if i go to the gym 'too early'. I am 1.79cm tall, i still want to grow but at the same time i want to be buff/big. What should i do? When should i start going to the gym? And is it true that i'll stunt (stop growing) my growth?

Thanks.
Yep start going gym and follow a workout routine you find online for best results (since they have years of knowledge and success). Also you CAN do protein but I really don't think you need it early on unless your family feeds you barely any protein or you don't eat enough meals. It's pretty expensive.

jackyjack96

HSC
It's a MYTH that weight training stunts growth. No studies have ever shown that is stunts growth!

Myth over weights stunting growth was to do with concerns over kids causing damage to their growth plates (as in injuries to your growth plates can stunt growth) from intense programs where you form is poor & not supervised.

The issue is more the physical excess of the program your doing if you do overly strenuous exercise or ridiculously heavy weights you can have problems (no matter how old you are).

So don't do too much too soon, start off small

savvy97

HSC
Go to the gym of course, there's nothing in the manual that says exercise is bad for you! The only thing that can stunt bone growth is severely heavy lifting. So just keep your workouts normal & you'll be fine!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)