Votes: 23 6.4%
  • Eventually, just not sure

Votes: 57 15.7%
  • I'm staying as long as I can!

Votes: 29 8.0%

• Total voters
K

katie_tully

When I used to be left home alone, I'd sleep with a massive screw driver under my pillow and the gun cabinet unlocked :)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
It's not that you can't be alone in general, I can't really explain it. I mean, I don't mind spending time on my own where I live right now. It's the mentality of it; with somewhere you don't actually call home, and being in it, cooking for yourself, having nothing to do, it drives you insane.

K

katie_tully

ur_inner_child said:
It's not that you can't be alone in general, I can't really explain it. I mean, I don't mind spending time on my own where I live right now. It's the mentality of it; with somewhere you don't actually call home, and being in it, cooking for yourself, having nothing to do, it drives you insane.
I'm the same. I'd spend my whole day looking for people I knew to hang out with because I hated the idea of sitting at home alone. I'd only just moved in too, so it didn't really feel like 'my home'.

Skeeta

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
It is awful. My parents were o/s when i was got sick/hospitalised last year and my brother was travelling for work, whilst breaking up with my boyfriend - in an empty house.

I clung onto that motherfucker of a man for dear life, even though i hated him so, so, so, so, so much - just because I hated being alone in my house.

HSC
chicky_pie said:
people who say they'll move out after high school is lying, i know those who couldn't handle it and moved back with their parents :rofl:
i finished school last year and im moving out in 10 days... i have enough cash to buy furniture for a huse but im living on campus so i dont need to... therefore that just proved your statement wrong.

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC
id move out as soon as i have enough money and then shove it in their face so they could shut the fuck up :D

Sinitivity

HSC
I wish I could move out right now =(

I'm aim is to move out by 2nd year - Get a decent job during 1st year and save, buy a car, find people I want to live with and SOMEWHERE to live :ninja:

skynet89

HSC
i hate it when people say "yeah i'm moving out" when their parents are paying for their rent basically, ( uni accommodation) where you don't even have to cook your own food etc. But other than that i'm all for people moving out however i'm doing combine law this year so i doubt i'll get any work done if i move out and also i'd probably be making a profit of $20 a week lol. I only earn about 700 a week FULL time now so if i do part time i'd struggle a bit considering sydney's about $200 a week now not including food bond etc

lala2

Banned
HSC
Stevo. said:
When I have a car to my name where I am able to afford it's annual insurance, a decent amount of money saved up, about $10,000, and more than enough money to pay the rent whilst I work full time to save for a house that is decently close to a sub-major train station within walking distance where upon I continue to save indefinately.
That's me. I was hoping to do that within the next three to four years but I'm having doubts about my career plans and I'm thinking to keep studying for another completely unrelated degree so I'll see what happens.

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
i'm not allowed to move out until i'm married :p woohoo!

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
A High Way Man said:
youre less likely to get married if you dont have ur own place f00l

what? that's not true at all! :p stooge.

unless we buy an apartment in New York and you become a lawyer and i become an interior designer. How 'bout it?

Trajan

HSC
What is considered a respectable and generally accepted age for moving out?

If you follow the typical HS, uni, work route....early to mid twenties?

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
Seriously I wish my parents lived in a major city (like Syd) when I left home as if they did I would still be with them most probably. I moved 12 hours away from them at 18, 6 months after finishing school (gap year that became 3... woops) spent a fair chunk of my savings on my bed and lived in share houses so I have next to not housie things for when I get my own place in the next two months (thank the lord for employee pricing)

Stay at home kids

But I do get that parents are so much cooler with you when you don't live at home, over easter my sis and I helped dad clean out the wine cellar and were cool about it

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Trajan said:
What is considered a respectable and generally accepted age for moving out?

If you follow the typical HS, uni, work route....early to mid twenties?

I think it's more to do with your circumstances than your age.

eg: Uni students move out so they can be closer to uni etc.

Or people with full time jobs will leave after highschool because they can afford to. etc

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)