When would you stop applying for med? (1 Viewer)

OmmU

★ BoS Deity ★
HSC
Uni Grad
"take the prentenious little 24 year old princess and stick her in the emergency department of a rural town for 5 years till her sense of reality adjusts. "
I like that, coming from a rural town with a sister as a nurse that is evident. She wouldn't have time to do her hair and makeup, before she had to run in at the middle of the night while a women is giving birth!

SpoonSamba

HSC
Yeah my Dads a nurse and he's pretty much happy with me doing anything except nursing, that said my dad is an extremely cynical person and the nurses i know at work are generally happy to do what they do. But the profession is stressful/shitloads of shift work/ dealing with bitchy patients I just don't know If I have the right temperament for it lol.

I think my back up to med will be to do a masters in PR and try to work in communications for NGOs - think I would be good at it and would only take an extra 1/1.5 years of studying.

Tim035

HSC
Cool, I have the money etc. now and would love to actually go to melbourne uni for med.

If you're doing accounting you will need to do a fairly extensive course on the first year sciences to get through the gamsat as there's a decent amount of organic chem and physics that will go right over your head otherwise. The UMAT murders everyone, even the people I know that did really well say it was more or less a fluke; i.e. they were the ones that managed to correctly pick 1 out of 2 seemingly correct answers a higher percentage of the time then everyone else. I'm not too sure how the whole coming back from overseas works, but if you are going to be living in this country for your working years I'd seemingly suggest trying to get into med here.

No one is at the polar extreme of only doing med for the money / prestiege, but there are of course varying temperments that exist in the proffesion dependant on a number of factors. Bonded places for this reason are quite a good thing; take the prentenious little 24 year old princess and stick her in the emergency department of a rural town for 5 years till her sense of reality adjusts.

HSC
N/A
Why would you reapededly keep trying for med. Like seriuosly you get vomitted on, you have to handle blood or even shit and you might also have to examine old peoples genitals.
hahahaha lol, that was..random

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)