• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Where are you up to? (2 Viewers)

How much have you done?

• Total voters

monique66

Airness said:
don't feel bad =)
I have jumped from the sinking "i haven't started ship"
and i'm now aboard the "i've started but i'm sure its shit" ship with you!! We're in the same boat agen! And it has a hole already =P
yay! i feel betta now! Haha..my first draft is now complete (kinda) but it only has 17 pages :( I need to do some work on it tonight

Alimoe_KG

HSC
damnation said:
yay! i feel betta now! Haha..my first draft is now complete (kinda) but it only has 17 pages :( I need to do some work on it tonight
HOw many words is 17 pages? =/

monique66

oh i'm doing a script so about 2000+ words in 1.5 spacing so dun worry :)

Alimoe_KG

HSC
damnation said:
oh i'm doing a script so about 2000+ words in 1.5 spacing so dun worry :)
Woah you only need to do 2000 something words for a script? Are you serious? Wtf! But how is that possible? =/

And how come i can't pm or email you or anything? Why be so secretive? =P

monique66

nah, i want about 30-40 pages so about 4000+ as you can see i'm not quite there...oh and you have to write dialogue n stuff, depends what kind of script you are doing i spose...oh n u can pm me btw

Alimoe_KG

HSC
damnation said:
nah, i want about 30-40 pages so about 4000+ as you can see i'm not quite there...oh and you have to write dialogue n stuff, depends what kind of script you are doing i spose...oh n u can pm me btw
Oh hehe well i'm doing it in just single spacing sooo your page numbers look huge to me :p It's too hard to find stuff if i put it on 1.5 spacing cause sometimes you just want to change one word and you spend damn 30 minutes looking for where the freakin word is.

monique66

hehe...yeah, man i hate my script, but its bound to improve if i just keeo re-working it, at least i hope so :p

Alimoe_KG

HSC
damnation said:
hehe...yeah, man i hate my script, but its bound to improve if i just keeo re-working it, at least i hope so :p
Of course it will :D But personally, if my first script sounded fully crap, i would be fully down =( Cause i guess i'm one of those people who take a looooooooooooong time to write stuff because i hate doing drafts over and over again. lol

monique66

yeah, well i did write it in 3 or 4 days so i can't expect it to be brilliant...that takes time :)

Alimoe_KG

HSC
damnation said:
yeah, well i did write it in 3 or 4 days so i can't expect it to be brilliant...that takes time :)
hahaha true. Although people have been known to churn out A-class bs overnight :p

Alimoe_KG

HSC
Sweets said:
3000 words now. Fuck everything I rite is so crap. I quit :(
LOL! No it's not. It's only crap because you're the one who's writing it lol. What we see is always inferior to the image we have in our head.

black_man

Chuck lives here
HSC
Sweets said:
3000 words now. Fuck everything I rite is so crap. I quit :(
don't worry so much about it right now. i think we're all getting to the stage where we dont have as much confidence in our work anymore, just reading over it at nausea really makes it seem uninteresting. and remember that we're going back to school pretty soon, so you can get a lot more ppl to give you feedback on it and through that sort of thing you can gain a different perception of your work, it just seems tiresome now because it's only been you looking over it and critiquing (sorry, cant spell) it at this point in time.

black_man

Chuck lives here
HSC
it's really true though, i'm not sure if there is too many of us that are feeling terribly well about our major work right now. i've talked to a number of people who are doing major work subjects (art, drama etc.) and they're feeling the same way, it's a little bit of a watershed right now for all of us

Alimoe_KG

HSC
that's right!!
So we must stick together =)
We're all in the same boat (unless you haven't started yet, in which case i worry for you or if u've finished in which case i hate you :D)

Going in this as a family. Going out as a family >XD

black_man

Chuck lives here
HSC
Airness said:
that's right!!
So we must stick together =)
We're all in the same boat (unless you haven't started yet, in which case i worry for you or if u've finished in which case i hate you :D)

Going in this as a family. Going out as a family >XD
that is so true. there are only two people in my class, so i really rely on you guys for help and updates and how i should be handling this whole course. but one of the main things our teacher told us before we took this on was that we take it on because we WANT to, and so it can just be something we can do in our spare time just out of passion to do it, and it is kind of like an art form, so it might work out better for us if we treat it like some kind of art, and just something we're working on as a release for all the pressure of the HSC

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
black_man said:
that is so true. there are only two people in my class, so i really rely on you guys for help and updates and how i should be handling this whole course. but one of the main things our teacher told us before we took this on was that we take it on because we WANT to, and so it can just be something we can do in our spare time just out of passion to do it, and it is kind of like an art form, so it might work out better for us if we treat it like some kind of art, and just something we're working on as a release for all the pressure of the HSC
Aaaaaaaaaaaa-men to that, brutha.

Whilst it may seem that it doesn't apply to me, being in a class of 15, the people in my class are islands to themselves.

Oh, and blakkas, I heard you got your ass mowed in AFL...something like 8 goals?

black_man

Chuck lives here
HSC
nah, it was probly closer to about 12 or 13...we won in the seniors tho

d_a_n_z

HSC
Airness said:
I have written around 6500 words but it's starting to get hard to fit it in the 8000 limit. And freakin there's so many spinoff themes in my idea that i can't choose which ones to include -_-
ANd who are the bastards that finished? they deserve to be chained next to my desk so they can help me >=(
i am 5000 words over the word limit! How can i cut this much out!! aaaaah!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)