Where can a BA Arts (Sociology) get me? (1 Viewer)

laura-jayne14

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys!

I was wondering whether any of you guys can give me some advice.

I am interested in studying a BA Arts major in Sociology next year. I am just wondering what jobs you can get from it? Does anyone have an idea?

Also, is it possible to undertake one year of teaching after I am finished? I am interested in Primary school level.

P.S I want to study at University of Wollongong.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Realistically, there aren't many (I can't think of one) career pathways by doing a sociology degree. Maybe you showld combine it with something more desirable like that teaching degree you mentioned or maybe something like business/law/whatever so that you're doing something you like and you are still employable after you graduate

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
heard macca's is hiring... :)

honestly, I wouldn't bother with Arts (I've done a social science degree, speaking from experience)... Personally, I view them as something to bridge to a different course (eg: I didn't get the point for law so I will just slave away at a Arts degree and apply for an LLB grad entry position or JD when I am done)

However, if it tickles your pickle I do have mates from that degree that have got careers out of it (eg: Victoria Legal Aid, Adult Parole Board, Corrections Victoria, Department of Human Services...)

Last edited:

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
so much hate for Arts degrees here... :haha:

I was think of doing a Masters in Criminology when I finish my law degree...

Last edited:

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't think its hate but rather the uselessness of it
not really, a girl I went to uni with works for the Vic Gov Solicitors Office as a policy advisor... decent wage, she's loving it, however, she was dumb as and I have no idea how she was even considered for that role...

into a few skinny white girls with some luck
nope, only women you will find in Arts degrees are chubby feminazis... However, there were a few stand-outs that were very, very attractive... Law has better girls, however, most of them look burnt out... When they doll up, they can be very attractive...

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
not really, a girl I went to uni with works for the Vic Gov Solicitors Office as a policy advisor... decent wage, she's loving it, however, she was dumb as and I have no idea how she was even considered for that role...
Lol, but I wouldn't think that degree only got her the job. A policy advisor I would imagine needs some law maybe business or commerce.

wannaspoon said:
nope, only women you will find in Arts degrees are chubby feminazis... However, there were a few stand-outs that were very, very attractive... Law has better girls, however, most of them look burnt out... When they doll up, they can be very attractive...
FYI; UWS had better girls. There are some girls in unsw engineering that are finnneeeee but they do like environment or civil and have the "I want to save all the penguins motive" nevertheless still hot

Last edited:

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
Lol, but I wouldn't think that degree only got her the job. A policy advisor I would imagine needs some law maybe business or commerce.

FYI; UWS had better girls. There are some girls in unsw engineering that are finnneeeee but they do like environment or civil and have the "I want to save all the penguins motive" nevertheless still hot
She majored in policy and research and started out in admin, so she's done well... I'm guessing she may have upped her game after uni... (It's not that she wasn't smart... she was actually very smart, she graduated with honours... It's just that she was incredibly annoying and nobody could stand her..)

I don't know davey, girls + engineering = girls with facial hair...

JohnMaximus

shepherd of the people
HSC
we'll they're both better than engineering girls

There's like one girl in my Mtrx class and she's fat

there's a decent one in 3rd (?) year though
One lmao

JohnMaximus

shepherd of the people
HSC
Know how I know you're Asian?

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
She majored in policy and research and started out in admin, so she's done well... I'm guessing she may have upped her game after uni... (It's not that she wasn't smart... she was actually very smart, she graduated with honours... It's just that she was incredibly annoying and nobody could stand her..)

I don't know davey, girls + engineering = girls with facial hair...
Ooohhh so there wasn't anything wrong with her persay? Lol
If you look past those girls that out do Chewbacca, then you'vs got something

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)